F770 Rear camera cable length

Markmh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am contemplating purchasing the F770 2-ch and was wondering if the rear camera cable will be long enough for my vehicle. I have a Ford Edge.

Also I hear some people state that this camera has some flaws, which I guess most dash cams do.

If this dash cam is not the best all round 2-ch dash cam what is?

Thanks

The rear cable is about 7.5m long by default (on the F770)

Thanks for letting me know

The flaws are maybe the somewhat limited configuration like:
- parkmode can last for max 48hrs (then camera shuts down)
- can not choose on/off for all sounds/alerts.
- can not change length of clips.
- can not change partitioning of the card .

blackvu might be more popular & with nicer design, but it can't stand the heat.
(I've owned 4...)

If this dash cam is not the best all round 2-ch dash cam what is?
Depends on what "best" means to you in terms of what features/capabilities are the most important?

For a dual-channel gps enabled dash cam, it seems the two top choices are the F770 and the BlackVue DR650S-2ch or their predecessors (F750 / DR650GW-2ch). LG has a newish entrant (LGD521) that looks interesting, but gps is external.

Differentiating between the Thinkware & BlackVue boils down to deciding which one's features and shape/size better fit your situation. F770 is 110 x 60.4 x 31.75mm and lays flat to the windshield with the cables on the left side of the cam looking at it from the driver's seat. DR650S-2ch is 118.5 x 55 x 36mm and stands off the windshield by the 55mm dimension. Its cables attach to the right side of the camera as you're looking at it from the driver's seat. Unless your windshield is drastically curved, IMHO the lens need not be in the exact center if mounting it slightly to one side is a better placement option. In my left-hand-drive Tacoma my F770 is mounted just to the left (driver) side of the mirror mount and is mostly hidden behind the mirror so it doesn't obstruct any of my view. The DR650 wouldn't fit in that location.

It's also worth looking here: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/2-channel-dash-cams

Thanks, It's a tough decision but I think I am more inclined to go for the F770 at this stage.

I live in the UK and I do not think the LGD521 is available yet, I may give it just a bit longer to see if there is a realese date for the UK and I am keen to also see some detailed reviews.

Thanks again

A lot of users say the Thinkware F770 tends to be more reliable than Blackvue, and on that basis I have purchased the F770 front & rear camera with hard wire kit & 32gb card for £247 and a Cellink B ver 2 battery, so far every thing is installed except the rear camera I'm waiting to find more info on location of camera top of glass or bottom due to some reports of it upsetting the Dab radio when fitted at the top of rear glass.

My own observations so far with the front camera the video quality is good but nothing to shout about, and probably the best of the bunch of 2 channel systems at present time, in my other vehicle I have a Trancend 220 and that has proven to be very reliable and video is very good but lacks any parking features and only single channel, I also had to do a mod with a felt tip black pen for some reason Trancend along with other manufactures like including a lot of shiny bling on the front of their cameras, the felt tip blacked this chrome out so its less conspicuous now.

Can't comment on DAB radio, I gather that your car's radio antenna is built into the rear window? That varies here in the US and is true for some cars and not true for others. My truck does not have the antenna in the glass, so mounting the rear camera at the top was a non-issue.

BTW, "gaffers tape" works very well for covering up shiny stuff or hiding pesky LED lights. Its adhesive is meant to come off cleanly unlike the nasty difficult-to-remove goo that electrical tape leaves.

I too live in the uk(norfolk) and use a F770 front/rear, and am very happy with it, very reliable, though it does have annoying parking mode limit of 48hrs, there is a easy way around this however if you have good battery, placing the supplied ferrite core magnet onto the rear cams lead just after it comes out of front cam stops pretty much all the interference on dab, never noticed any on FM, using a kinetic dab aerial works wonders for dab, mine is a combined dab/fm and looks standard.
I would recommend the F770 from personal experience, it is VERY stable in operation

Back