F770 Rear Camera Orientation Problem

Graeme Underwood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday a company came to fit my F770 front/rear cameras. Although I signed off as it looked great, I realised he's mounted the rear camera upside down! :(

Ordinarily, I'd just get myself a new sticky pad and re-mount it. The problem is that it's attached to the rear glass which has had tints applied (tinting film). I'm pretty sure if I pull it off, it'll rip the tint film.

I don't believe there's a setting to rotate the view 180 deg on the app unless someone knows otherwise? Suggestions welcome :)

call them up and tell them it looks great, but it's upside down, signed off on it or not that's not something you couldn't know just be doing a visual check of the work and something they should have checked anyway

Thanks for the reply. Agree, on visual inspection it would appear fine. Just called the installation company who will send they guy back out to fix the issue... just hope he doesn't damage the tint.

really it's something he should have been on top of so if the tint does get damaged it's unfortunate but still their mistake so I'd be hitting them up to rectify it if the job isn't done right

As long as the tint is not new you should be fine. I had to remove my F750 rear camera after it was installed for a few months. The rear camera became faulty and would cause the main camera to reboot. I used dental floss to loosen the 3m tape and gently pulled. It came off without any problems.

Installer must be new to this camera as the label orientation does suggest to install the camera upside down. It's been mentioned on the forums before.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be a problem. We have aftermarket tints on our cars here and regularly switch cameras for testing. I've already had 4 different rear cameras mounted on my rear window in the past year.
As long as they heat up the tape it should become a lot softer and allow you to slowly/gently peel it off. Don't try to rip it off the tint while it's cold

Back