F770 with Samsung Galaxy S8

Padlington

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My thinkware F770 dash cam is working perfrectly with my galaxy S4 phone

I cannot get my S8 to connect to the F770 the message reads wifi network unavailable (which is a lie)

the S8 finds the dashcam i enter the correct password but it will not connect

as far as I know all phone settings are correct including location and mobile data ( tried this on and off)

I have also reloaded the dashcam app

Any suggestions ?

recent model Samsung phones are finicky when it comes to this, they need to update their app

as far as I know all phone settings are correct including location and mobile data ( tried this on and off)

Did you try connecting in Airplane Mode? Or only with mobile data off? Make sure to try connecting in Airplane Mode with the Wi-Fi enabled.

I have also reloaded the dashcam app

Which app are you using on your S8? Please make sure it is the "Dash Camviewer App" and not the "Thinkware Cloud" or "Thinkware Link" mobile app.

airplane mode did not work I am using the dashcam viewer seemingly the problem is with Samsung on this model will keep my older phone wich works

This may sound daft, but I had a similar problem, it said connected, no Internet. I came out and went back into the app and I was connected and could use the app fine. Just a suggestion...

Try going to your Wifi settings and disabling a smart network switch setting - it may be called something else but essentially you need to disable a feature that allows for a Wifi connection to be made, even if it's not a true Internet connection (which is the case when connected to a dash cam)

Back