F770 won't give me a chance to connect to it in parking mode.

Xerberus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this thing set up for a few months now and apart from a minor hiccup with a power issue which is now resolved it has been working fine. Except for one thing I've recently noticed, it doesn't seem to let me turn on wifi and thus connect to it via my phone if it's in parking mode (I've got it set to motion detection parking mode). That's all fine and dandy I suppose, except, if I press the power button which turns the camera off completely, then turn it back on again all the while the ignition is switched off, it starts up normally and I can turn on wifi mode and start to connect my phone to it but within about twenty seconds of doing this, it of course senses the ingition is off and goes back into parking mode, turns off the wifi and shuts me out again. The *only* way I can connect to the thing in time is if the ignition is on or the engine is running.

Is it supposed to do this?

I see. And is there no way to get it to stay on if I turn on wifi before it goes into parking mode? It might seem a small thing but you'd be surprised how many times lately I've wanted to adjust a setting or just look at the live view but can't because it goes into parking mode even though I've turned the wifi on and am attempting to connect to it with the phone.

I suppose so, it's an irritating side effect but I'll have to put up with it. First world problems and all that.

Back