F800 background buzzing noise?

Yoon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I noticed F800 is making some high pitch buzzing noise. I can hear it for both continuous and parking mode videos.

Is yours making the same noise?

Could the buzzing white noise be coming from the fan from the HVAC? I didn't notice it last time I checked it.

Could the buzzing white noise be coming from the fan from the HVAC? I didn't notice it last time I checked it.
I get the same noise from parking mode videos as well, where everything is turned off :(

I can hear a little white noise in the background. The F770 does that too (The F800 sounds a bit less) but neither are bad and i don't think it would drown out anything that was needed for sure.

I can hear a little white noise in the background. The F770 does that too (The F800 sounds a bit less) but neither are bad and i don't think it would drown out anything that was needed for sure.
hmm maybe I will try installing additional ferrite core..

Before you start adding ferrite cores, have you tried running the dashcam using a 12V battery pack and/or run the camera in a house ? It might be better to isolate the issue before start adding cores.

I reviewed my videos taken by the F800. There is white noise, but no high pitch noise. Keep in mind that the unit is installed in a poorly sound insulated car so the "white noise" might have been road noise or engine noise.

I installed in my tesla so there won't be engine noise at all. There is constant white noise too.

I got a better clip to hear the noise.
You can clearly hear the buzzing noise over the music while the car is waiting at the red light.
Is this normal?

Try to record short video clip with an engine- and fan OFF, ACC ON. Then turn on fan, record short clip, then start car. After that compare video clips.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Just received and installed another F800. White noise is actually worse on this one :D I guess it exists for all Thinkware dash cams..

Now I know why all the F800 is sold out at Bestbuy.ca.

It's probably sold out because it is a good price and everyone jumped on it..

Back