F800 Parking mode does not work

Mike Walker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a professional installer hardwire the cam to the fuse box with the hardwire kit.
The only function that records is the continous and incident while driving.
I open the app set the record settings, whenever I open this parking is "disabled" I tap to "motion detection", the cam does not record any parking video at all, it does not talk to me and say "parking mode is on". I took it back to the installer toldthem the red wire needs to be continuous voltage for parking mode, they tested and showed me, it's got voltage when key is out of ignition. I returned the cam, for another new one,same problem. I downloaded the app to a different phone same problem, no parking mode. The app tells me it is saving the settings, but always reverts back to disabled? 2017 Toyota Tacoma, any suggestions?

If the installation professional has tested the fuse then installation should be correct.

Things you could try:

1) Could an app problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, or try on another phone. App should not say disabled for parking.

2) Try formatting the sdcard with app. Then set the parking setting.

3) Try using reset function on the cam. (With a pin)

If it still doesn't work, maybe you have a faulty cable or camera.

Last edited:
Maybe your battery is running low and therefore the camera automatically shutting down due to your settings having battery protection on and recording time on? Just throwing some things to look at. Try diabiling these to test camera out. After turning the car off and ignition off the camera should either turn off completely, or should go into parking mode. If it shuts down then maybe there ain’t any power going into camera. If there is power going to it then settings on the camera are preventing the camera from going into parking mode. A solid red light indicates the camera is in parking mode. No other lights should be on besides the red one.

If they used the hardwire kit, there should be 2 fused wires (yellow for continuous power and red for switched power). You can see one of the 2 glass fuse holders in the image below (the tube on the yellow wire). If they just cut the cigarette lighter insert off the power port cable and wired it in, I don't think it will enable the parking mode on the F800/PRO.
acc_cn_img2.gif
[edit] - fixed red/yellow mix up. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
YELLOW WIRE IS THE CONSTANT VOLTAGE!

Red wire is the Ignition!
(It is printed on the black sleeves on the wires)

What exactly does the Red "switched" wire do?

It sounds like the installation problem. Previously(at least from some reviewing video), the red should be connected to constant and yellow to ignition(only has voltage when engine is ON)

I think they changed the COLOR CODE now.

YELLOW-CONSTANT 12V
RED-ACC(12V when engine is ON, 0 when engine is OFF). Check the label on the hardwire kit to verify. It bugged me for quite a while to figure this out.

Back