F800 PRO 256 GB Support

jcpg

Reaction score
Do you have parking mode as the main priority for the memory partitioning?
I do have parking priority set as my recording option and I emailed Thinkware directly. They said 48 hours is the max recording times for non pro F800. Additionally they said they do not recommend 256GB as it may be possible to have missing recorded blocks. I’m glad to say I can easily get well over a weeks worth of continuous mode and well within 48 hours of motion detection with my Samsung evo 256 card. No lost footage blocks and a lot faster read times when reviewing footage using personal hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcpg

Reaction score
This is what I have selected.
I didn’t have the latest firmware. I just downloaded and installed. Hopefully this will fix it. I also have a Samsung EVO coming in the mail.

Think I should use it or return for a Sandisk?

Will unchecking motion detection allow more footage to be recorded without overwriting in 48 hour increments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobn27613

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought I would add a test I conducted . I used a Sandisk 400gb A1. This is the same as the 128gb but obviously larger capacity . The system was able to process the larger capacity card with no error messages. I am going to use for a few days and review footage and file sizes.

Nadhir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro
I thought I would add a test I conducted . I used a Sandisk 400gb A1. This is the same as the 128gb but obviously larger capacity . The system was able to process the larger capacity card with no error messages. I am going to use for a few days and review footage and file sizes.
How did this turn out? I bought a 256GB a month or two ago and if this 400GB works I will feel stupid. :)

Also, do you download the firmware off Thinkware site and throw it on the SD card and is that all or is there extra you need to do to make it work with the camera?

Quidagis

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Firmware version in your dash cam?