F800 Pro live view when parked fixed yet?

Booma

Reaction score
Country
United States
This will be my first dash cam. I want a cam that I can watch live while the vehicle is parked so I can check on it from time to time. I use Comcast so there are wifi hot spots all around me that I can use. And the vehicle has built in wifi (but I but it turns off when the truck is off. Not sure) Will the F800 Pro let me view live video while parked?

Not until Thinkware gets their Cloud feature up and running. My car also has built in WiFi but turns off when the car is shut off.

My car (an Audi A3) also turns off WiFi when the vehicle is off. Not sure if there are any cars out there that will run the WiFi without the car being on..

Thinkware dash cams for the most part completely turn off, i’m guessing to preserve energy so the camera can run longer. The only thing working is the G-Sensor and the actual camera lens to record, depending on your settings. Having WiFi on all the time will use more energy and this not use parking mode as long as it currently can.

I know blackvue can but not Thinkware, though blackvue has been using cloud features for a lot longer than Thinkware.

There are hotspot OBD-II dongles from T-Mobile, and some other carriers I can imagine, that can run 24/7. Unfortunately this can drain your battery if you don't drive your car often as the OBD-II port is always supplying power. I was looking into this if Thinkware ever gets their cloud features together.

See my post earlier today "Thinkware Email". They will not be ading this feature to the F800/F800Pro.

Back