F800 pro need help stays in parking mode doesnt turn on

leect

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all. Been trying to search for the right answer forever now and can't seem to find it so I'll turn to you all for help.

I just got an F800 PRO for a 2016 RX 350.
I had it professionally installed and hard wired with a 2 channel.

My settings I changed were parking priority in Memory and motion detection in parking mode.

The camera usually starts no problem and after switching the car off, goes into parking mode and works fine.

However lately, I've been getting issues after I leave the car off for a prolonged time, the camera gets "stuck" in parking mode. It still detects motion and bumps and thinks it's still in park.

The first time it happened, it eventually got out of it after a few minutes and resumed continuous recording.

The second time, today, it stayed in parking mode for 15 mins while I was driving. I then was able to turn the dash cam off by holding the power button but after, I could not turn it back on. I even turned the car off and on again and it STILL didnt work.

Finally, I had the car off for a minute or 2 and tried ONE more time and it started up no problem..... WHATS GOING ON!?

I tried to check the fuse box located under the steering wheel and I can't seem to find any wires that the dash cam may have been installed to. Not sure where they installed everything.

I have now changed my settings by lowering the voltage to around 11.8v and changed it to POWER save mode for parking so not sure what's going to happen.

Any advice would be great. Should I try lowering the 12v voltage more or the 24v?

Should I take the car back and have them recheck the cables? I know that someone suggested that if the red and yellow are switched, the parking mode won't work. But for me, the parking mode usually works but after a while, it SOMETIMES just gets stuck in parking mode and after won't turn on for a while.

THANK YOU :)

wouldn't hurt to get the wiring checked, if that's all ok though then it's likely a hardware problem

With newer cars with electrical power management circuits, the most suitable place to ACC+ is at the cig. lighter + terminal, the ground wire at the fuse box, and the constant + at the fuse box. If you wire it at any other location, it can cause problems with the car's electrical power management or the car's power management system might create problems.

You may need to check your ACC+ connection as it controls when to start the parking mode. ACC+ should be connected to fuse for windows, swipes,wiper ..etc.

Back