F800 Pro parking mode not activating

Vincenttt

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dear friends, I hard wired my newly bought F800 Pro on my 2006 Mercedes E350 W211. I believe I wired it in the correct way. Red wire to a constant power fuse in the internal fuse box, black wire to the unpainted metal frame inside the internal fuse box, yellow wire extended to an ignition powered fuse in the trunk. I also believe I connect the wires on the correct legs of the fuses (I tried both sides anyway). The camera switches on and works perfectly when I turn on the engine. However, when I shut off the engine, the camera shuts off as well. I really have no idea what’s wrong. I’ve done a lot of research on YouTube and I have common sense about electrical stuff. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? Thanks a lot.

You have to go into camera settings via your app on the phone or a desktop computer and enable Parking mode manually for it to work.

Please note that MB or BMW (or many European cars) will have power management controls on the fuse box. In other words, don't be surprised if you find the constant power fuse being turned off after 20 minutes of turning off your car.

Good luck.

Back