F800 Pro - sort rear vs front motion detection? Disable rear camera motion detection?

FatStrawPDX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a way to have the dashcam sort the motion detected videos based on which camera detected the motion [front vs rear] and put them in their own folders?

The traffic from cars keep tripping the rear camera. It would be nice if the thinkware cloud can tell us which camera detected motion.

In addition, is there a way to simply just disable motion detection from the rear camera?

Last edited:
Hi,

The detection is not based on video analysis but with its G-sensor.
So when the main unit detects a shock (level can be setup in settings), if enabled, video of both channels (front and rear) are recorded.

I hope it helps ;-)

Hi,

The detection is not based on video analysis but with its G-sensor.
So when the main unit detects a shock (level can be setup in settings), if enabled, video of both channels (front and rear) are recorded.

I hope it helps ;-)

The motion detection mode?

For me, Thinkware website only talk about g-sensor...

Last edited:
For me, Thinkware website only talk about g-sensor...

Hmm. Hopefully Thinkware will come up with new firmware features on their cloud to allow us to disable rear camera motion detection or have the camera sort videos in separated folders based on which camera detected motion.

I really like how organized the Thinkware F800 Pro keeps all of the files sorted in separated folders in the Micro SDCard.

Going to hope for continuous improvement with Thinkware :)

I'm also hoping the app could at least tag the video file recorded by the front or rear cam that triggered the recording so that I can spend less time sieving through the videos.

For motion detection, I believe either channel will trigger recording for both channels

Back