F800 Pro - Very Poor Audio in Parking Mode

trialNerror

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Gang,

I recently upgraded from an F200 to the F800 Pro and have to say I'm pretty disappointed thus far. The main reason for the upgrade was to add Night Vision to parking mode. For some reason, the recorded audio in parking mode (motion detection) is abysmal. There is high-pitched feedback along with white noise. The F200 did not suffer from either of these issues. In continuous mode, the audio is definitely better but there is still quite a bit of white noise along with some high-pitched feedback.

I've updated the Firmware to the latest version and tried powering from the cigarette lighter to see if it would improve the continuous mode audio. Neither has helped. I'm going to make a separate post regarding the Night Vision as I'm having issues with that as well.

Is there a chance I got a defective unit or are others experiencing similar issues? I purchased from an authorized retailer so I'm hoping ThinkWare steps up to the plate if it's a bum unit. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

F800 pro audio is garbage
Thinkware has already abandoned their F800 series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just can’t understand how it could be so much worse versus the much earlier version F200. I will try and post a clip of it later today as I have to believe it’s defective.

Audio in parking mode sounds like crickets/white noise.

Rear Camera:

Front camera:

Last edited:
What doesn’t make sense is that it’s much less obvious in continuous mode.

Is because the noise of your radio and engine covers that hiss.

In my case I have a race car and the audio comes out completely distorted.
I demonstrated to them that with another camera in my car audio is fine. Yet, Thinkware played ignorance games and blamed my car for the bad audio.

I gave up on them long ago.
Im just here to tell people how crappy they are.

I gave up on them long ago.
Im just here to tell people how crappy they are.

The GPS and the Net works fine. Just another spying device the mark pays himself for.
Thank you for sponsoring Big Brother, Hawk Eye, Eagle Eye or whatever!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The GPS and the Net works fine. Just another spying device the mark pays himself for.
Thank you for sponsoring Big Brother, Hawk Eye, Eagle Eye or whatever!

LOL you sound very paranoid vane!
Big Brother doesn’t need a dashcam to know where you’ve been. Specially a Thinkware.

You are right. With Thinkware they mess up their database. [emoji41]

To Thinkware's credit, they are sending out a new camera under warranty, without question. Their customer service has been very responsive via phone and email so far. Hopefully the new camera fixes my issues.

They did the same to me... only because they wanted to prove that it wasn’t their camera issue. The new camera had the same problem.
Hope is different for you but don’t bet any money

Haven't received it yet. Should be here by middle of next week. They're sending me a new front, with 64GB card, and rear camera. I'll update the thread once installed.

Back