F800 PRO with Cellink B

James Kim

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day, I just bought a New F800Pro and installed.

I have had a Lukas about 4 years now, but the touch screen not working, no way to format the cart nor the calibration the screen.

Anyway, so I bought the Thinkware which has a same cable plug with Lukas front, rear is different so that I have to re-run the wire the back.

So far, it works front and rear. After shut off car for about 10~20 seconds, it goes to parking mode, which I set as a motion detection.

I had a Cellink B, which is old model since new Neo has come out.

My hard wire set up is there are three colors, red, yellow, and black from the F800pro side, and cut and splice it to three same color wires from Cellink B output cable.

And two more wires from Cellink B which is connected to Acc car fuse and one is grounded to metal frame.

So that way, when the car is running, let it charging the Cellink B while the dash cam is recording, and when the shut off then engine, the dash cam still working with the Cellink B power

rather than car battery.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Questions is that

1. the Lukas had an option setting in menu which setting a cut off voltage while in parking mode or use external battery power. So I always set a external battery power so that

I know my Cellink B is used as power source. But the Thinkware does not have that option. It only has a voltage cut off setting, 12.3V, 12V, 11.9V and so on.

So I select a 12.3V as a cut off time, but does it matter with my wire set up since I use Cellink B as power source when the engine is off? assuming my wire set up is right.

2. When watching the live view or video file, there is a firmware version and current voltage left bottom corner, it reads 14.x V when running and 12.xV when the car is parked.

Is it reading a my car battery or Cellink B battery?

3. I have added Expansion on it, but no beep nor light on. Main Cellink has a red light when I am driving, which is charging the battery and turns to green when it's fully charged so I know

the status of it. But the Expansion battery pack does not do it, no light, no beep. There is only 1 cable from the Expansion.

4. what parking mode I should go for longer record time? My neighbor and work place are pretty calm area, just normal in and out place, not really croweded.

Thanks for help.

Back