Bh26

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I’ve got an issue with my F800 pro which I bought in 2018. I’ve had it hardwired from day 1 and recently was having issues with it powering on, it would randomly decide when to power on and for the past few weeks it has not powered on at all.

It removed the hardwire kit today and tried the obd2 power wire and the cigarette lighter wire to see if it works. Neither worked, so I removed the memory card and reset and this hasn’t worked either. I’m guessing the dashcam has developed a fault?
Anyone had this issue before and any known fixes for this? Thanks

Welcome to the forum Bh26.

Sound like you have tried all there is to do with that camera, and it do sound like you need to think about getting a new one.

Welcome to the forum Bh26.

Sound like you have tried all there is to do with that camera, and it do sound like you need to think about getting a new one.
Less than 3 years use for a premium camera. Surely it should last longer than that?

Indeed it is on the low end of what i would expect for sure, but this do happen from time to time with any brand out there..
I cant say thinkware are known for making short lasting cameras, at least not a tendency i have noticed,,,,, though i have never tried the brand myself, but i do get around in here on the forum.

Indeed it is on the low end of what i would expect for sure, but this do happen from time to time with any brand out there..
I cant say thinkware are known for making short lasting cameras, at least not a tendency i have noticed,,,,, though i have never tried the brand myself, but i do get around in here on the forum.
I’ve reached out to thinkware, let’s see what they have to say

It's a long shot but try a firmware reflash from Thinkware's website

You can do so via the microSD card and try to power it on after. We've seen limited success with this method even if the dash cam doesn't power on.

You can do so via the microSD card and try to power it on after. We've seen limited success with this method even if the dash cam doesn't power on.
This has just worked! I’m still shocked that this has actually fixed the issue.. thanks!

Back