F800 w/ Rear Cam or 2 Single cams for best quality? - Unlimited Budget

kidotakon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I've been doing research for a few weeks now and although I'm a little closer to a final decision I'm still not sure what would be the best setup for my situation. What I'm looking for in a dashcam is:

Front and rear recording w/ around the clock footage [be it a "parking mode", time lapse recording, g-sensor, or motion activated] powered by a Cellink B in the highest resolution / bitrate. Any other features are essentially superfluous.

I know Thinkware has run of the mill picture quality and a higher price, which is what has me thinking of using 2 single channel cameras to fulfill my needs. Are there any 2x single camera setups that can be run off of a single Cellink B? (I'm able to get two if necessary, but would prefer to use one if it would suffice)

Does anyone have any suggestions about two single channel cameras that would offer what I'm looking for? Should one use the same camera for front and rear? Would a Garmin 65W, DOD-LS470W+, Vicovation Vico Opia 2, or Street Guardian SG9665GC V3 paired together or with a "cheaper"camera be superior to the F800 dual cam? I plan to leave the camera in the always, so a capacitor design is a must as temps here get to 100* in NYC in the summer and into the single digits in the winter. I'm not worried about theft.

I am extremely grateful for any suggestions or insight y'all can provide; the search has been wearing me down and the more research I've been completing the more unsure of my answers I become.

Reliability is a good thing here imo, that's why I went for the F770, I also wanted a dual cam set not separates as been rear ended on three occasions where people then drove away driving past me, one left their front number plate behind ha ha if I had the 770 then it would have made life so much easier. I didn't bother with cell link or similar as car battery plenty man enough to run camera and start without problems, would rather invest in a better AGM car battery than cell link just for camera.
I prefer the shape of the f770 to the 800 and think once installed it is less conspicuous, but the best bit for me is not having to constantly check the cam is working, it tells you verbally if it needs attention, images are ok but the parking modes are ace and to my mind that's very important looking after your car, for the cost of cell link etc look into better/bigger and AGM battery I set my cut off at minimum 11.1 volt as my battery is a bit old and a bit knackered but owing to being very big for engine size copes well, I also carry jump-pack in boot, used it around 5-6 times all for other people!!

I set my cut off at minimum 11.1 volt as my battery is a bit old

Could it be 12.1V ? 11.1V is quite low for the old battery.

I think the best performing cameras for use when driving and the best for use when parked are two different cameras, you can't be all things to all people, running cams 24/7 is hard on components, particularly in the warmer months and high bitrate detailed video generates heat by itself before you start adding in outside influences

From what I have learned, I have to agree with jokiin. I wonder if there is any way to wire a second camera that will only turn on in parking mode when the engine is turned off. So you would have a driving cam that goes off with engine and a parking cam that goes on when the other one goes off.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

I an sure you could get or make some relay that with power off on the car open up for a always on fuse to the parking camera.
I do hope we will get something like that with parking cameras down the line.

Back