F800Pro opening

cporeaux

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
F800Pro
Hi,

I have since near 2 years a F800Pro 2 channels, bought at clove.co.uk (nearest from France), with hardwire original kit.
After a first installation with only +ACC, i added the permanent + (but don't enable Parking mode, not yet (waiting for my decision to buy an intermediary battery pack).
Doesn't matter.

Since middle of June, i had issues with my F800Pro that was randomly shutting down or restarting when it wants ;-(
It was calm for one or two weeks, and since middle o July, only worked for 2 or three times, during driving.

So i made many tries :
- changing card (from original 32 to a Samsung Evo 128 or a Samsung 256 Evo Plus) => no change;
- trying with different cards to copy the current firware or oldest firmware : no boot at all;
- trying with an empty card : no boot too;
- trying to check if voltage at cable source is ok : 13V for both and 0V when no contact for +ACC;
- trying voltage in input dashcam jack : 13V for both, and +ACC at 0 when off;
- i didn't change anything in wire in my car.
- When camera starting (when it wants), video first timestamped in 2098, then with correct datetime (so normal working and ADAS working too).

I asked to clove for guarantee, but only one year ;-(

So after all my tests and because there's no warranty and hardwire is not the source (cable doesn't move and V are presents), i tried to opened the camera (what i've done with my low-price oldest ones).

Here is the result :

01/ Back of the camera with plastic protection for screws and 4 screws to remove :
01.jpg
02/ Opening the case by the rear part, 3 plastic block (quite strong) :
02.jpg

03/ The same with the front part :
03.jpg

04/ When opened, with the mainboard and a litlle one for buttons and 'buzzer' link :
04.jpg

05/ The mainboard with condo at the bottom:
05.jpg
other view :

06.jpg

06/ Camera with the connector to the mainboard, with internal view too:
07.jpg
08.jpg

07/ 'buzzer' with PCB for buttons (please notice LED central whole to avoid cross-LED light):
09.jpg
08/ Both PCB too, other view , and upper connector to enable to remove it:
10.jpg
09/ Back of the mainboard :
11.jpg
10/ 'Thinkware connectors', for service i think :
12.jpg
11/ Voltmeter for first condo:
13.jpg
12/ Voltmeter for second condo:
14.jpg
13/ Little battery itself, directly to it, correct Voltage :
15.jpg

14/ Through connection, should be working (except if something lock V):
16.jpg

15/ Closest view:
17.jpg

16/ Normal color for onboard alimentation connectors ???
18.jpg

From latest photo, i don't know if these colors are normal or not.
I don't know if someone can tell me..

Other point, i am very surprised that for the battery (look the latest picture), the + connector of the little battery is VERY close to the '-' !
I saw the same PCB for the Q800Pro (at the US conformity declaration website, fccid.io), F800Pro label too ;-) FCCID.io (Internal Photo)
I also saw on this site that the U1000 PCB looks like *800[Pro], same battery specificity...

So this thread to share with you the internal side of the product !

But the point that surprised me the much during this is the quality of ABS (enclosure) and all protections inside. It's very very far from what i had on other first-price dashcam.

Last point : i decided to buy a Q800 1CH for replacement, as U1000 is not available and i already have everything ready in my car... I'll keep back cam and current wires.

Last edited:
Modified some links. Is it better now for all pictures ?

Update : after trying with the Q800 (not brand new), it seems that power supply IS not correct...

With a new Hardwire kit, both F800 (2 years old) and brand new Q800 are switching on without problem.

Sorry for the bad ad. for Thinkware. Dashcam was/is still working.

It seems there is a resistence (ohms) between Plus and Ground, not on the new wire. I have mad my test for Plus and Ground, but not between them for resistence...
I'll keep the Q800 (QHD) for the front, and will keep the back wired dashcam, both FHD for F800 and Q800.

Bad wire with Thinkware it seems (not the first, i know...)

when I swapped my F770 for the Q800, for some unknown reason the hardwire stopped working (I had not touched it at all)
so used the new hardwire that came with the q800 and all was well again
Strange.

(though ended up returning the q800 due to overheating issues)

Back