Failed at -0.5degC

Kirkofski

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 from Eprance
Last winter my mini 0801 failed once but only when the temperature was around -6degC which I wasn't too bothered about as that temperature is very rare here.

Today it was -0.5degC, the camera started up but switched off after one minute. I waited for the cabin to warm up then restarted the car and the camera worked perfect for the rest of the journey.

Could this be battery related as its now 2years old? I wasn't sure if the unit measures the temperature and decides that its too cold to continue to work(and charge the battery) so switches off, or if the my battery is struggling more so with lower temperatures now its older?

Thanks

Most batteries perform worse when cold. If the battery is in poor condition to start with, cold might tip the balance to make it unusable.
An old photographer's trick is to put camera batteries under your armpit when it's freezing out. Using the car heater is preferable, I'd say! :)

I noticed today that the date/time was reset at the moment the camera shut off. I'd be interested to know what the power circuit looks like if anyone knows?

My camera reset itself again this morning. Thankfully the new batteries I ordered also arrived today and I just installed one. Without even charging it, it lasts longer disconnected than it did before should I have disconnected it after a 3 hour drive.

Hoping it performs better at lower temps too now(it did when new).

Can you post a link of the replacement battery you bought?

cheers mate

With the new battery installed I've seen it work perfectly down to -3degC on a few occasions.

I'm now onto my 3rd battery, the first lasted 2 years and the second lasted 9 months. The camera itself seems fine.

Same happened to me
anyone got success to get it back to work?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Mini 0801 4
Rob J Mini 0801 6
boilers Mini 0801 16
Back