Failed Card No Recording Notification

TCK81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DCTEAM
I recently had a card fail on me and there wasn't an audible notification of failure to record. I did keep getting a notification to format the card on the screen but without any beeps so I knew something was wrong. I thought the camera is suppose to beep when the camera isn't recording? This happened on v2.61.

So in other words I'm uneasy about another failed card in the future and not being notified of a failure to record situation.

Last edited:
I recently had a card fail on me and there wasn't an audible notification of failure to record. I did keep getting a notification to format the card on the screen but without any beeps so I knew something was wrong. I thought the camera is suppose to beep when the camera isn't recording? This happened on v2.61.
what happens when you format the card?
do you still get the "format the card" message?

what happens when you format the card?
do you still get the "format the card" message?
Yes, the format card notification kept popping up. Once I saw this suspicious behavior I plugged the card into my computer and I couldn't even access it. It actually froze my computer. I already sent the card back for warranty replacement. This happened a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Yes that's why it's a little unsettling. Luckily I caught it early.
so you use a different SD card and the camera works as it should, right?

which card failed and which one do you use today?
Lexar High-Endurance failed and I currently use Sandisk Ultra A1.

Back