Failed to register device with Thinkware Cloud

beyonddc

Reaction score
Country
United States
  • Phone: Pixel 4a 5G, Andriod version 12
  • U1000 Firmware: 1.00.15
  • Thinkware Cloud: v 4.3.32
I followed the on-screen instruction from the Thinkware Cloud app...
  1. Connected to WiFi from the Dashcam
  2. Enabled HotSpot on my phone
  3. Connected Dash Cam to my HotSpot
  4. Heard the Dashcam said, connected to the Internet
  5. Heard the Dashcam said, connected to the smart phone
But the Thinkware Cloud app remains on the connecting to the hotspot screen. As in, it doesn't know that it is already connected to my phone's hotspot. I can see from my phone that there's 1 device connected to the hotspot so that has to be the dashcam.

I tried this numerous time but no luck. Any suggestion? I haven't try the following...
  • Reset dash cam to default settings (that would format the card as well)
  • Try this process on an iPhone XS Max that my wife has
My intention is once I register the dashcam with the Thinkware Cloud then the dashcam would connect to my home WiFi so that I can receive notification in case something happen.

Go into your Network settings on the app (when connected directly via WiFi) and make sure that Network connection is enabled.

Also check for a Firmware update. Both of our cameras stopped connecting to the cloud a couple of weeks ago. I logged in on WiFi and was greeted with a message that a firmware update was needed for cloud connectivity.
After upgrading, neither camera would show on the Cloud connection, despite saying "Connected to the internet" after startup.
Turned out, the network connectivity, and a bunch of other things, were restored to their default settings.

I flashed the firmware with the latest version 1.00.16 and did a factory reset of the U1000.

After that I was able to successfully register my U1000 with the cloud. I was also able to get the U1000 to connect to my home WiFi when parked in my garage.

Next issue is I can't seem to be able to connect to live view when the dash cam is connected to the cloud. That is a separate issue that I need to look into.

Thanks for your help

Double check and make sure the Network functions are enabled.
Mine registered and appeared in the app, but would not connect until I changed that setting. It defaults to "off"
It's the top option.

mceclip0.png

Back