Failed to register to BlackVue Over the Cloud

Skittles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently picked up a DR900X-2CH, battery packs, GPS etc.. Roughly $1400 all in and I went this route because BlackVue Cloud is apparently the best one. If this is the good cloud offering in Dashcam vendors, I'd hate to see the others.

Right out of the gate I can't even create an account. iOS 14.5. Download app, create account. Receive the confirmation e-mail and it refuses to confirm. "Failed to register to BlackVue Over The Cloud" every single time. Tried multiple browsers, platforms. Tried creating a new account which I obviously now can't. Now I'm waiting days for them to get back to just to create a cloud account login, the most basic of steps/functionality. I can only imagine how bad and unreliable the platform is beyond logging in.

Anyone else run into this that might have an alternative idea. I'm assuming it's server side and only they'll be able to fix it but they're taking their sweet ass time. They actually suggested I "use a different e-mail address" and sign up again. What a fix.

1620691663125.png

Welcome to DCT @Skittles :)

@BlackboxMyCar is the official distributor for Canada and a member here too. Now that I've tagged them they should see this when they next visit here. Very knowledgeable and helpful people, I'm sure they'll get things sorted for you.

Phil

Welcome to DCT @Skittles :)

@BlackboxMyCar is the official distributor for Canada and a member here too. Now that I've tagged them they should see this when they next visit here. Very knowledgeable and helpful people, I'm sure they'll get things sorted for you.

Phil
Thank you for the kind words, sir!

OP - really unfortunate timing as BlackVue just underwent a major app upgrade about 2 days ago and there have been major outage issues. Typically, these take up to a week to fix (long process going through with the app store policies) but rest assured BlackVue is aware and is working on a fix.

In fact, there was another update today to the app, so try again and let us know!

I've tried again with the new app, now the confirmation process changes to a "we've sent you a 6 digit code" except they never actually send it. Nothing in spam, 45min later.. Just never arrives.

What a disaster of a rollout. Did they test any of this before using the consumer as their BETA testers?

You'll have to contact BlackVue for that code directly, cannot help there, unfortunately.

Tried that. They're fumbling around with useless responses. I appreciate your attempt, I realize this is a them problem but to drop this sort of money then be told "Wait a week before you can use it, maybe, our garbage platform is offline" isn't sitting so well with me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DJ70 Viewer, Apps and Software 1