Failing SG9665GC V2?

I appreciate the gesture and your interest in examining the device but at this point I just want to put this all behind me and move onto something new.

Also, like I mentioned yesterday, in numerous other instances where a member reports issues like this, especially the boot looping problem with a V1, V2 or even V3 as far as I know, a discount towards an upgrade is offered. I can post the links to all the posts from Jon about that if you like. At this point though, I wouldn't accept it even if offered. I wouldn't want Jon to rub my nose in an offered discount years from now like he did two days ago here in this thread.

any discounts offered are generally just because products are way out of warranty and servicing may not be possible or practical depending on the circumstance, boot looping is not a common issue in the GC

any discounts offered are generally just because products are way out of warranty and servicing may not be possible or practical depending on the circumstance, boot looping is not a common issue in the GC

Not a common problem? Really? There are many more reports than these four, here on DCT and elsewhere. Stay tuned, I'll keep digging.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...edition-keeps-restarting-over-and-over.37007/

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...loop-and-screen-flickering.38421/#post-458091

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-is-rebooting-randomly-and-blowing-fuses.16716/

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-just-started-bootlooping.37000/#post-441515

Last edited:
Whenever I read this thread I worry about the longevity of my SG9665GC V2 which is in my wife's car, where it's generally left alone apart from changing the clock every 6 months. If nothing else, I should check on it more often.

@Dashmellow I hope you find a good camera to replace the GC. In the meantime, my offer of the F1 still stands if that's any use to you. I also have a spare A129 in need of a good home.

you have your own opinion, which you are entitled to

I have facts actually. You guys repeatedly have denied that the SG9665GC (and others) have a serious problem going out of focus but there are many, many reports and examples. (I'll posts the links) You eventually addressed the issue and acted like nothing ever happened. You refused to come out and acknowledge that there was a serious contrast/exposure issue for almost a year, then you quietly fixed the issue. When there was a serious issue with hot pixels you initially acknowledged the issue and posted a re-calibration video. Then, mysteriously the video disappeared and each customer who reported it was told its a "rare" problem but we'll send you fix-it instructions privately on a "need to know" basis.

Everyone is enamored with your amazing customer service, which they should be but anyone who has been around here long enough can see that much of it is all about putting out brush fires when your products manifest chronic problems.

Last edited:
I still have an V2 which has been in a truck that drives 8 hours a day 6 days a week without a single fault. I wonder what some people do to make them so unreliable.

I still have an V2 which has been in a truck that drives 8 hours a day 6 days a week without a single fault. I wonder what some people do to make them so unreliable.

So, it's the user's fault? Jeez!

My GC was very reliable for quite a long time....until it wasn't.

I still have an V2 which has been in a truck that drives 8 hours a day 6 days a week without a single fault...
I bought 2 of the original V1 cameras within days of their first availability (order date 2/25/15). Both have been passed on to family members and are still in daily use as I type this.

I had to refocus my V1 within a few months back then, but when the time came to it, it took a new car and me hard wirering the V3 before my friend got around to use that camera that had been sitting on a shelf at his place for 6 months at least.
The V1 now sit on a shelf in a box at his place as a backup ( redundancy ) camera.

I know the chipset doesn't support beeps but it's still a serious flaw. Been using mine again for the past two weeks and didn't get any indication when the 128GB EVO crapped out. I do have a backup (A119) but still would have been nice to know something had gone wrong.

Again. Had the cards from the GC and M2 in my wallet for 2 days, forgot to put them in. Need to do something about my memory or upgrade. LOL

Again. Had the cards from the GC and M2 in my wallet for 2 days, forgot to put them in. Need to do something about my memory or upgrade. LOL
yeah the newer models all beep if no card, card problem etc, ironically we get support tickets occasionally with people complaining that they've turned all sounds off but the camera beeps when it starts, some people you just can't get then to understand

I'm OK with beep = problem. I'm not so happy with startup chimes for each camera. I know it's my choice to run more than one camera, but I can do without them all beeping on startup.

I'm glad I was in the passenger seat to notice that my wife's GC wasn't recording last week, otherwise it could have gone unnoticed for weeks.

I'm OK with beep = problem. I'm not so happy with startup chimes for each camera.
yeah I get that, it's why we have the option to disable, odd that some people think we should also suppress beeps when there's a problem, you have to wonder sometimes

I'm sure 'I' would take the flak if my wife's camera stops working. I can't afford to be ignorant. Let it beep!

Back