FAKE EKEN H9 from Banggood

Pretired

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I received my EKEN H9 from Banggood and it appears to be a fake.
On the EKEN Facebook page they show the settings screen of my camera to be a fake H9se, the firmware number on my camera doesn't even exist yet on EKEN's firmware list.
I then contacted Banggood and sent pictures and screen grabs of all this info and they just sent me a response, here it is:
"Dear customer ,

Thanks for your order.

Sorry for any inconvenience that we caused. We are so sorry to hear that there is something wrong with our product. But we would like to tell you that the camera is EKEN original,,we haveput the power of attorney on the product page .Please accept our sincere apologies again.Your order is very important to us. We here at Banggood hope that you continue to use our service.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions."

Not sure exactly what they are saying and how it settles anything, "power of attorney on page"?
Anyways, I replied to that and asked if they are ok with losing a customer over this, I will happily buy from Gearbest, or Aliexpress even. At least Aliexpress has a dispute system if a fake is sent.

I attached the picture of the settings screens on the EKEN Facebook page, the lst one on the right is the same as my camera has. How can Banggood dispute this information?

Attachments

• CropperCapture[123].jpg
    CropperCapture[123].jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 50
Bought it via PayPal? If so, make a claim through their dispute resolution process. Good luck.

Hi, in spite of it being a fake H9, it works very well, so it might not be worth the hassle. It was only $59 cdn, which is a steal. It has one or two hiccups, the rear screen comes off fairly easily when removing the camera from it's skeleton holder, and it shuts down after I format a memory card in it. Other than that it seems ok, maybe I'll try it out some more and if it fails in another area I will ask my credit card company to dispute the charge.
I'm not looking for anything for free, just would like to get what I ordered, which was an EKEN H9.

To get anything but a run-around from GB or BG is unusual. Most who are stubborn will at best get a partial refund or an equal amount of 'store credit' which they sometimes deny use of for items being discounted :mad: AE is a much safer option with their own buyer protection similar to Paypal, but sometimes they require you return the item. Once it arrives they will reimburse your shipping costs though during the interim as all this happens you're out your money. I think GB has recently started offering Paypal but it's optional, not default. Buy from the Chinese mega-stores at your own risk.

Phil

I bought from banggood and it is fake.I wrote to banggood and they want me to photo of camera,box,sku number,shipping paper.I sent theme yesterday and waiting reply.
Did yours come from NL,too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic - I ordered an Eken H9R from a store on AE (AliExpress). It arrived and I had problem with the remote. While trying to resolve the issue with the vendor, I found out that my unit was 'fake' and caught them out at it. I filed a dispute with AE and they quickly decided in my favor and gave me full refund without returning the product. Generally, AE takes a dim view of counterfeiting (provided the seller made claims that what they are selling is genuine). If they do not claim their product is genuine you have no claim then.

Slightly off topic - I ordered an Eken H9R from a store on AE (AliExpress). It arrived and I had problem with the remote. While trying to resolve the issue with the vendor, I found out that my unit was 'fake' and caught them out at it. I filed a dispute with AE and they quickly decided in my favor and gave me full refund without returning the product. Generally, AE takes a dim view of counterfeiting (provided the seller made claims that what they are selling is genuine). If they do not claim their product is genuine you have no claim then.

Can you share name of seller on AE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are more chances to win a dispute on Aliexpress compared to Gearbest or Banggood I already tested this. The reason I switched from AE to GB and BG was their EU Warehouses because I can avoid some DHL or customs employer mocking.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can you share name of seller on AE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overhead, Not sure I should be posting a particular seller that just happened to be caught out selling a fake Eken H9R as genuine...
I would rather post a seller who delivered the real thing!

Mtz, there are some sellers on AE who have their own warehouses ex-China.
Most of those are in US though I see some in EU. For those sellers, they normally have an option for you to select the Ship From buttons.
I must admit they are a minority though.

Reactions: Mtz
Can you provide some Aliexpress example with electronics (smartphones) or RC toys (quadcopters)?

enjoy,
Mtz

Can you provide some Aliexpress example with electronics (smartphones) or RC toys (quadcopters)?

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz,

I assume you are referring to AE stores that ship from multiple locations.
They make up less than 10% of the sellers and I don't think there is a method to search for them specifically.
However, I give a couple of examples:
Deal Park
AE Deal Park.jpg
Air Toy
AE Air Toy.jpg

Reactions: Mtz
I bought from banggood and it is fake.I wrote to banggood and they want me to photo of camera,box,sku number,shipping paper.I sent theme yesterday and waiting reply.
Did yours come from NL,too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of Chinese sellers send parcels via Post NL because their service is more reliable and has some level of tracking so chances are even the legit ones would come via this service.

A lot of Chinese sellers send parcels via Post NL because their service is more reliable and has some level of tracking so chances are even the legit ones would come via this service.

NL post still take products with batteries which is why they get the business, most other carriers won't take batteries

The great lipo scare :)

I wonder what the same people will do in 20 - 30 years time when everything have lipos in it, at least when it come to personal ground transportation.

Back