Fast red blinking

tinma

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have had my blackvue for about a week now and everything has been working great...until yesterday. I started using a Lukas portable ups to power my cam and for some reason it starts to randomly fast blink red. When this is happening I am unable to connect to the cam via WiFi and my phone. It's like the camera freezes up? Anyone experience this and how can I fix it?

Thank for all your help!

Hi there, not sure if you've resolved the issue but I don't think the UPS would have caused an issue like this.
I would try formatting the card first in your computer using the Blackvue viewer and see if the issue persists.
If the issue persists do a firmware update to V1.002 you can download here http://www.blackvue.com/support/downloads/
For firmware updates format the card to FAT32, copy the extracted/unzipped "Blackvue" folder to the card and insert it into the device

I found when using the Lukas anytime the voltage drops below what the BlackVue requires the red light flashes. Are you sure your Lukas is charging properly?

Thanks guys I actually figured out the issue. @fastcarguy1 was right with Lukas not providing enough juice. The ups was not holding any power for some reason so now I'm just back to no ups

If you are going to use Parking Mode I suggest buying the Cellink B 2nd generation from BlackboxMyCar. It will save your car battery from going to low in the winter and ensure you capture the activity that goes on around your car. I have one and as long as you drive the car every day it will maintain the charge for you. The Lukas, well you already figured out it isn't a good product.

If you are going to use Parking Mode I suggest buying the Cellink B 2nd generation from BlackboxMyCar. It will save your car battery from going to low in the winter and ensure you capture the activity that goes on around your car. I have one and as long as you drive the car every day it will maintain the charge for you. The Lukas, well you already figured out it isn't a good product.
The reason why I went with Lukas is because I did not have to hardwire it. Does the cellink have to be hard wired or can I just charge it through a cigarette lighter socket?

The 2nd generation can be hard wired or use the cigarette socket however to charge the full 7 amps it must be hardwired otherwise you have to select the 5 amp switch. What does that mean? Longer charging times that is all.

Hard wiring is very easy with one wire to ground and the other to any fuse that is always life. I ran the wire behind the dash into my glove box where the Cellink B lives.

Hi @tinma we also sell a power inverter to charge the Cellink at home. If you have another power inverter already you can use that as well, just make sure it puts out at least 5A otherwise it won't charge the Cellink.
Technically with Cellink 2.0 you can run it even without the input cable (hardwire or cigarette) plugged in! That's actually how we bench test our units, charge em up with the power inverter and then run a dashcam off of it with the male cigarette end unplugged

Thanks,
Justin @ BlackboxMyCar

Back