Faulty batteries on YI Smart Dash Camera 165 Degree

baihui

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

Just purchased two YI dash cams International version from Aliexpress.I was really disappointed to find both of them had batteries dead (no red blinking, after plugged out power disappears immediately). After doing some research I found multiple other users facing the same problem and sellers refusing to perform full refund, offering to return the cameras to China at user cost, which is unacceptable.
My personal problem is each and every time I plug in the cam I have to confirm the date to start recording- which is extremely annoying if you use your main daily car.
So I was wondering if there is a way to reconfigure the bootloader and disable this prompt asking to set date and time?
I tried to check the SD card for some setup files but found nothing... Help! :)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

I did, but couldn't find replacement battery on the market :(

I did, but couldn't find replacement battery on the market :(
you'd probably need to order a battery from somewhere like Aliexpress, just needs to be compatible, most likely you won't find the actual battery they have used

All my troubles came exactly from AliExpress, thus trying to avoid them :)

There are many sellers on AliExpress, and many worthy ones, you are just out of luck. :rolleyes:
I almost always order on AliExpress, (and only sometimes on ebay) - I had no problems (but at the beginning I spend a lot of time comparing and studying customer reviews and recommendations on specialized forums), and of course, I do not order goods at the lowest price without looking what kind of seller

Back