mituc

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
2xITB-500HD,3xVico Opia 2,Mini 0906,70MAI A800S, A129ProDuo
So this is how the movies look like with the front camera:

...And this is how they look like from with the rear camera:

For some reason these videos were recorded as parking videos, not sure why. I've changed the motion and shock sensitivity back to the default just to see what happens.
However, both cameras seem to want to focus something, and the front camera has that Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh! every time a new clip starts and the front camera makes those funy colors.
Did anyone encounter these problems? The ITB-500HD I have is probably very similar with the ITB-100 or 200.

This is the first time I used this DVR, I just replaced the old Szest MDR1045 with this new one earlier today, and it also happened to be night recording (the night video quality is decent, rear camera is set to record brighter because of the window tint).

Last edited by a moderator:
mituc said:

For some reason these videos were recorded as parking videos, not sure why. I've changed the motion and shock sensitivity back to the default just to see what happens.
However, both cameras seem to want to focus something, and the front camera has that Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh! every time a new clip starts and the front camera makes those funy colors.
Did anyone encounter these problems? The ITB-500HD I have is probably very similar with the ITB-100 or 200.

This is the first time I used this DVR, I just replaced the old Szest MDR1045 with this new one earlier today, and it also happened to be night recording (the night video quality is decent, rear camera is set to record brighter because of the window tint).

Hi mituc,

I don't believe it is a focus issue since dash cams typically don't have an autofocus feature. When a dash cam is out of focus, the picture will be blurry and that is not the case in your videos. Given the strange colors and the choppy video, I think there may be something faulty with the camera. I have not seen anything similar in the ITB-100. Note that the ITB-500 is recording 15fps, but I don't think that is what is causing the problem in your case.

Dash Cam Man

Try to use another card and day recording,

I actually use two SD cards and I switch them, the SD cards are not a problem, they provide way better writing rate than the DVR itself needs.

Today I changed the position of the front camera and that focus problem is gone. I already contacted the reseller about the faulty camera and I asked for another spare set of cameras, since sending the faulty one back and forth for servicing and warranty may result in charges comparable with the price of the camera itself. No answer yet, probably they need some time to check with the manufacturer I guess.

mituc said:
I actually use two SD cards and I switch them, the SD cards are not a problem, they provide way better writing rate than the DVR itself needs.

Today I changed the position of the front camera and that focus problem is gone. I already contacted the reseller about the faulty camera and I asked for another spare set of cameras, since sending the faulty one back and forth for servicing and warranty may result in charges comparable with the price of the camera itself. No answer yet, probably they need some time to check with the manufacturer I guess.

Hi mituc,

This video is much better than the previous one. Does it perform this way at night as well? Perhaps it is a night video issue. Let us know if this gets rectified.

Dash Cam Man

I think more and more that you have a low quality dashcam even is korean and called itronics. In your latest video I clearly see the date and hour is a quality image and the live recording is very poor. Even I know how are looking the numbers of the cars from Romania I can't see no one of them to guess from which city you are but I guessed the city because of some USL banner. And you bought this camera to help you if some accident and for that you will need to see the car number plates. You know that in Romania these recordings are not officially accepted and if you will defeat with some recording where the judge can't see the numbers this will not help you and very possible to have a reason to refuse your event recording.

If your camera is recording just at 15fps I think very much that the chipset is weak, also the lens module are almost SD not HD because I can't imagine a HD image looking as yours and like the original provided by the official seller on youtube. I can''t imagine how is possible to spend more than $400 for a camera which is recording at 15fps.
Also I think is something strange inside firmware regarding parking mode which is used in the live recording and maybe connected with the motion detection system. Keep your first videos to prove the camera is wrong to ask for money.

My best advice is to ask for full refund or even better to try to change the ITB500 for 2xITB-100HD and use one for front and one for rear if you really need the rear camera. If someday you will think that you don't need the rear camera you can sell it and keep only the front. On ebay the 500HD is now $400 and the 100-HD is just $170. So even 2*170=340 and losing $60 (if no refund accepted) is better that your actual 500HD.

Look at this night city recording and compare it with your videos to understand how big is the difference between 100-HD and 500HD. Somewhere in that video you can almost see the letters from a car number plate with front lights turned off.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz, I think the 720p versus 1080p and the 15fps versus 30fps is where the video quality differences come from. I wanted a surveillance device not an enterteinment one and I'm pretty happy with what I have to be honest. I was aware of the better quality of the ITB-100HD, actually I was close to getting a Finevu CR-500, but I've got the ITB-500 for about the same money. But if someone breaks into the car they can steal the evidence while with a modular DVR the chances are less (my DVR would start beeping like crazy if a camera is disconnected, so FAIL :) ).
Apparently my video quality issues were because of the front camera being placed too far and the rear view mierror support occupying a too wide area of the actual image.

Here is a night time movie:
Front:
...And back:

As a comparison, here's how my old MDR1045 with a pretty good 600TVL camera (KPC DNR700) was performing:
The thing is that the DNR700 camera lasted two summers before it started to show sync problems and that's when I decided to move to HD. That camera alone is like $170 which is the price for an ITB-100HD. Also, the MDR1045 + camera + 80GB 2.5" HDD was sucking about 1.75 amps and it wouldn't return from the stand-by mode on motion or shock. These new DVR's do.

However, the rear camera has an issue and that's for sure. It's the same camera that was orriginaly in front of the car and was making weird noises. it still does occasionally. I contacted apple-ct for another set and see if they can help me purchasing a spare set of cameras. They better will :) because if this one breaks the DVR would not record with only one camera.

Hi mituc,

The rear camera definitely appears to be worse than the front. Hopefully you can work something out with apple-ct. Let us know if it gets resolved.

Dash Cam Man

mituc said:

ghost

Back