Faulty mount / Wiring?

Roy S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought the 512GW, hard wired it into the car and all is good. Bought a second mount and hard wire kit for the van and after a week decided to look at the videos and discovered it isn't recording in the van but it is in the car.
The unit whilst in the van powers up on ignition, powers off on ignition and says it's recording and everything looks ok but as i say it isnt recording in the van but is in the car.
Any ideas please ?

Are you certain its saying it's recording? and not just bleeping or lighting up for another reason? seems strange that its not behaving the same in both vehicles...

Does it definitely stay powered on in the van for the duration of the journey?

Hi. Yes stays on and says recording when I set off. Will double check it stays recording.
I know it sounds bizarre and unless it’s a faulty mount or the way I’ve wired it I can’t get my head around it

All I can think of is, start the van first, then put the cam on the mount. Does it power up and work ?

I'm still of the opinion that starting a vehicle does produce some rapid make & break connections to some circuits which confuses/interrupts the cam boot.

Back