Feature request: Auto reset after 5 seconds of 'SD card slow speed'

wneumann

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. Still a big fan of this cam!
Like most users, despite using high speed preferred sd cards, I occasionally experience the 'sd card low speed' error at random. Also like most users, usually it's fixed by just unplugging power to the cam, then plugging it back in. Then the cam will continue to work, like nothing happened, with no problems for a long time.

Since this is the case, @estore009 , would your team please consider the possibility of implementing an auto reset function when this happens, so the user doesn't have to do anything? The cam could just play the 'sd card slow speed' message a couple times so the user knows what happened, then reset itself and resume operation. Of course it would be ideal for the error to never happen, but oh well, it's rare and random - and I would be happy to have the cam fix itself on its own and just continue recording asap, instead of just completely stopping to repeat the message endlessly.

What do you think? Thanks!

Thanks for your input! We will have a discussion with our team again about this problem after the CNY holidays! But frankly speaking, it is hard to figure out why it happens. Maybe a broken section on the card, maybe a heat-related problem on the camera or other factors cause this voice prompts!

Anyway, I do not agree to reset the camera once it detects card errors. If it is a failed card indeed, it is not the right way to do that!

Thanks for your response!
My main hope for this was a quick solution while in the middle of driving, or when you are away from your vehicle. If there is indeed a deeper problem, a harder, longer remedy could be handled later using a laptop, or using a new card, or troubleshooting everything. But in the interim, to keep recording asap would be very helpful. And in cases where there doesn't seem to be a clear reason or problem to be figured out, this solution helps to soothe the minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
One of our 2 cameras has this error message all the time. Unplugging it does not solve the problem. Up until recently the only way to get the message to stop was to re-format the SD card in the camera using the app. Normally we would be good for a month or so before the message started up again. This last time I reformatted the SD card using the app and the error message came back after a week. The card and camera are less than a year old. I have a 2nd camera that is going on 2 years old and has only given this error message once and I was able to resolve it by reformatting the card. Both cards are the proper type (as identified in other posts).

I've pulled the card and have scanned it on my computer and don't find any bad sectors - its currently almost full (which is what I'm thinking the error maybe - when it goes to re-write over previous recordings). I am going to replace the SD card on the one that is giving me problems and see how long it takes for the message to start up again.

Unfortunately, I also have the same problem. It works properly for 1 month, after a total of 10 hours of working time, the camera gives "sd card low speed" warning. It sometimes works for 1-2 more hours when you restart the device. Finally, by formatting the memory card, I take the cycle back and use it for 1 month comfortably. The camera is new and the memory card. I have tried all the versions shared here. If I set it to record continuously, I get "sd card low speed" warning in 1 day. Is it possible to change this device through the place of purchase?
I have tried 3 memory cards. This camera doesn't really work.

Is it possible to change this device through the place of purchase?
I have tried 3 memory cards. This camera doesn't really work.
Suggest to change the SanDisk high endurance card, from 32Gb to 128Gb!

IMG_20200515_012957.jpg

Isn't that the memory card you're saying? High speed class 10. I'm using this, and now I'm getting an "sd cars low speed" warning after 24 hours of working time.

No, if SanDisk brand card, please SanDisk Ultra A1 card! It looks like it was an older version card from SanDisk!

The memory card I photographed was purchased at the same time as the camera and the features are suitable for recording fhd video: SanDisk Ultra USD,80MB/s,C10,UHS,White/Grey Card
I bought it at the same time as the camera.

The memory card I photographed was purchased at the same time as the camera and the features are suitable for recording fhd video: SanDisk Ultra USD,80MB/s,C10,UHS,White/Grey Card
I bought it at the same time as the camera.
May I know your order details? So I know the lifespan of the memory card then, thanks!

Screenshot_20200515_051155_com.dmall.mfandroid.jpg

'I got the memory card from a trusted dealer in our country. The order information for the purchase is above. I bought it on 05/10/2019. And the camera.

If there's a test for memory card speed, I can test it and give you a screenshot. I don't think there's anything wrong with the memory card. My camera is problematic.. I've been getting mistakes like this since I got it.

If there's a test for memory card speed, I can test it and give you a screenshot.

format the card and test with these two programs and see what result you get

hafıza kartı test.jpg
When I review the data written in this test, it seems impossible for this card to fail when working with B1w. It is written that 10 MB / S speed on the internet is sufficient for FHD video and live broadcasting. A card that says 24 mb per second means it can write 1.4 GB of data per minute. We are talking about a memory card sufficient even for 10 times the space the camera spends for one minute of video.
In this case, what solution should I look for?
Should I report on the platform where I purchased the camera?

In addition, these figures may be limited to the data rate on the port with my computer's memory card. SanDisk Ultra class 10 is a new card this card. And I've been having this problem since day one. I haven't been able to use the B1W camera without any problems since I bought it. My membership at the forum started when I got this camera. In past messages, I have a sense of history and this problem, and sometimes it distorts history. Here you've already been told to use the original adapter as the solution. The original adapter also deviates from history. I'm already continuing to take this 'sd card low speed' warning as well. :(.

Now I'm throwing a complete format, and I'm going to try it that way. However, a class 10 memory card means at least 10 mb of write speed per second. This card has reached a write speed of 24 mb. Offers the promised service for the card. Also, when we look at the recording sizes the camera does, the 24 mb write speed is quite for the camera. In this case, does the "sd card low speed" warning indicate a problem with the camera? I said I tried other memory cards. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution.
I COOKED THAT I bought a "B1W" CAMERA. I used a118c for years, I've never had any problems.

Dashcams can be particular about cards, with many which should work properly according to their specs. but do not. Best to read the forums here to find which one(s) are working well for others using that cam, then do as they do. Just because a card does well in one type of cam doesn't mean it will do well in another one. Sometimes the reason is known, like the odd file system OS in the old Sandisks, and sometimes no reason can be found. Just go with what works and don't worry about why ;)

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B1W 20
M B1W 19
S B1W 3
D B1W 9
G B1W 24
Back