Feature request: error only notifications

meyerovb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a bad memory card but I turned off voice notifications. If I hadn't been checking for and noticed the steady instead of blinking green light I would have a non-functional dash cam in case of a crash. I would love the ability to turn off voice notifications EXCEPT for error notifications. Or at a minimum if the camera is on and not recording make it beep once every say 30 seconds.

I would love the ability to turn off voice notifications EXCEPT for error notifications
Switch "Beep" on in its menu settings, so you can hear its voice alert if a failed card! I do not think we can turn off voice notifications except for error alert on this module!

Switch "Beep" on in its menu settings, so you can hear its voice alert if a failed card! I do not think we can turn off voice notifications except for error alert on this module!
The only option I see in settings is to turn voice prompts off, which completely silences the device and doesn't play the error message. Where is the menu setting for 'Beep'?

The only option I see in settings is to turn voice prompts off, which completely silences the device and doesn't play the error message. Where is the menu setting for 'Beep'?
No separate menu setting for Beep, if you switch off "voice prompts", the camera will work in mute without "Beep"

Ah, so 'Beep'='Voice Prompts'?
Voice prompts includes " sd card detected" "recording start" "beep""lock file" and power on/off tune

I DO NOT want it to say "Recording Started" but I DO want it to say "Invalid file system"
Is that possible?

I DO NOT want it to say "Recording Started" but I DO want it to say "Invalid file system"
Cannot do that on B1W module, but do on the B2W module due to a different chipset!

Great, let me know how to buy one when you have them ready. Thanks!
But it is more ideal for rideshare drivers, not sure if you like it or not...

But it is more ideal for rideshare drivers, not sure if you like it or not...
I like it :)

B1W + B2W is better, but then we still have the problem with the startup voice on the B1W.
I think most of us get used to the startup voice, not really a problem. The error voice is very useful, best to keep it turned on.

The error voice is very useful, best to keep it turned on.
You can hear these error voices on your B2W prototype, you can give it a try without a memory card(or a failed card) and switch off "Beep" in the menu settings!

With a failed card you only get ONE error notification, with no memory card it keeps reminding you. I'd say any error should repeat at least in my opinion.

No dashcam voice prompts bother me, quite the contrary, it's boring without them. :)
And what, you turn on and off B1W so often that he has already managed to prevent you from somehow and start annoying you?

It should beep per 5 seconds
I can confirm that it goes: power on beep, "sd card detected", "recording start", "invalid file system, please format sd card", and then does not make another sound. No beeps or voice prompts at all. This is bad for me because I have a magic power pro giving the camera continuous power. So if the sd card fails overnight I won't have any indication of that in the morning when I start driving.

There is also a light indication: the LED will flash only during recording. If the LED is on all the time, it means there is no recording.
This LED is very visible and at a large angle.

"invalid file system, please format sd card", and then does not make another sound
Tell me the firmware info for your camera, please!

Tell me the firmware info for your camera, please!
C04_v1.06.180528s default wifi on
I would expect it to say the error message over and over, the same way it says 'please insert sd card'. Instead it immediately stops recording and won't repeat the error message unless you shake it to kick off the gsensor and cause a recording attempt. I would prefer it keep trying to activate recording maybe instead of just stopping recording when it identifies a bad memory card.

There is also a light indication: the LED will flash only during recording. If the LED is on all the time, it means there is no recording.
This LED is very visible and at a large angle.
I specifically put the front camera behind the rear view mirror so the light would not distract me while driving. Otherwise I find myself constantly checking to make sure it's recording. I had a bad experience in my last camera (different model) where it failed to record an uber running a red and tboning me. So I'm not just complaining about this issue hypothetically. This is actually a very specific use case that I am extremely concerned about now that I know what the issue is. I consider this a critical bug, I understand if you may disagree.

Back