Feature request: greater than 24 hour shutdown timer

scalar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Is the 24 hour shutdown timer an arbitrary constraint or is it possible that this can be extended in the next firmware release?

I often have my car parked up for greater than 24 hours. A 128GB card combined with low frame rate I think I should be able to capture more than 24 hours of footage which I would find very useful.

Thanks

I don't have the HW kit, but cant you just set the shut down timer to "0" or off and leave shut down to the battery discharge protection circuit. ?

I didn't think of setting the timer to zero, d'oh. That'll do what I want in the case thanks kamkar1

The lowest you can go is 5min
Screenshot_20181125-183534.png

Last edited:
In which case, I reiterate my original question =)

Hehe yeah as i said i have not had the chance to plays with those features.

I am pretty sure > 24 hours are possible, and probably also pretty easy to implement in the firmware.
SG are always open for user requests :cool: but some might take a little while to get in there if other more important improvements are needed.
Still having the camera going for that long, time lapse or not will put a strain on the car battery, and you will also need to drive a good trip after that to get the full charge back on the car battery.
Not sure how long you have to drive, as i understand it car batteries do get charged pretty fast, but you cant drive just 30 minutes every day and have the camera going the other 23.5 hours of the day i am sure.

we will look at other timer options later, for most people their batteries don't run that long anyway so it has been a non issue for most, really need a Cellink Neo or similar to be able to get long run times while parked

Back