Features that may be worth implementing

It's possible that you've got a bad quality card, or it's damaged.
Try also to set the recording cycle the shortest. A write cycle lasting only 1 minute is used more often, since if the file is corrupted, you will lose only 1 min

Yes you might be right that it is a card issue. However, since the camera stops the blinking light, it has somehow noticed that something is wrong. So it would be possible, and very useful, for it to say "recording stopped" etc. I make movies from my recordings, so 1 minute files would be alot more work. I once saw a Sandisk card break in a way that a camera produced hundreds of 10 second files..

It seems that if there is no sd card inside, the camera will loudly complain about it as long as it has power. So this would be exactly what I would want for the failed loop recording as well. The camera stopped recording again, after 33gb full of a 64gb card. I'm sure that there's a problem with the card, but the camera shouldn't just silently fail. Deleting some files fixed this problem again. Sorry about this nagging, it just seems to me that with very little modification, we would have one of the most reliable cameras on market.

Lately I've been using the newer firmware that loudly complains about an invalid sd card. It works well, I had a bad card and heard when recording stopped. One of my cards has a bad area where this always happens but recording continues after 2 or 3 restarts. My best card is a Samsung EVO and usually no problems with that. However even with this new firmware the camera has stopped silently a couple of times. The led has stopped blinking too and stays red. Maybe the camera crashed or a power problem? A restart fixes this too. It's nice that feature requests actually result in improvement!

However even with this new firmware the camera has stopped silently a couple of times.
What is the firmware version, please have a check for me thank you!

Back