Fedex Ground doubles truck cuts me off or drifts into me Rockwall, TX I-30

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
I'm not sure if this truck was trying to change lanes (without a turn signal), distracted by something, or what?

After the near miss he slowed down to 50 mph. I did not speed up to pass him, or whatever, I just returned to the same legal speed was doing before this happened. I did look over to see if he had a phone or something in his hand, but couldn't see one.

I'm not sure if this truck was trying to change lanes (without a turn signal), distracted by something, or what?

After the near miss he slowed down to 50 mph. I did not speed up to pass him, or whatever, I just returned to the same legal speed was doing before this happened. I did look over to see if he had a phone or something in his hand, but couldn't see one.

You are too gentle. A few inches more and it would have been a disaster for you. Email this to the Fed Ex offices. Hopefully your cam shows the license number. Maybe if the driver will be reprimanded the driver will follow the proper laws.:censored:

I haven't found the tractor number, yet, but the trailer numbers are visible. Later I'll see if I can find the tractor number, as well as the probable contractor name on the side of the truck. (I have too much work to do now)

That section of I-30 between Dallas and Rockwall is always a zoo. I managed to get through Dallas before peak commuter hours, and was just starting to breathe a bit easier.

:(

With the trailer number, time, and location FedEx can find the driver and give them the axe or a wake-up call (which that driver certainly needs :mad: ). Whether they will do anything who knows but if you add something to the email about it being posted on YouTube I think they will do something instead of nothing ;) It would not do them or that driver well if this vid was used to show a poor driving history of this guy after a future crash :eek: Of course you can do what you like- I'm just thinking aloud :D

In my motorcycle riding days only 3 guys were normally allowed to ride beside me because I knew that no matter what they would not ever move over into me (nor I into them). That guy should have been professional enough to understand the principle and not move over into you. Too bad there are people who just don't get it :( but glad you made it through unscratched :cool:

Phil

Most of the FedEX trucks of this type are contractors, and have the name of the contractor on the side. Some contractors have small fleets.......multiple trucks.
I can't make out the name of the contractor.

fx2.JPG

Not much better luck with the truck number.

fx1.JPG

The rear trailer number is a little better.

fx3.JPG

Calling, or emailing the company is not worth it, from my experience. They usually want your full name, phone number, etc.

I emailed one company using a fake name, and email account I set up for that specific use, and included an email tracker that showed me how many times it was read, who it was forwarded to, the IP, email addresses it was forwarded to, WHERE it was opened, etc.
That email seemed to be forwarded from the safety department to DRIVERS. I kind of doubt it was 'do you know who this is?', but rather, 'look at the email and video some dummy sent me!'

A week later I started getting messages on my youtube channel 'we fired that driver and please take the video down'.

The person sending the message was a very minor office person at that company, (Could find her on facebook, etc)

Posting the video and as much info as you have online is better, faster, and more likely to get their attention.

FedWrex doesn't like this publicity, even though it's rare to see a FedEX doubles truck doing 50 mph, unless it's a 30 mph zone.

:)

Damit when the trailer came into view i was expecting him to turn soon as if he forgot he was pulling a B train, but seem to be just poor judgement on the length of this ride.

I came across 2 truckers yesterday that seemingly was color blind or just dident give a damn, and one very flaky driver,,,,,, with the nose pressed against the phone screen.

Back