Feedback on Geekbuying Dashcam

Geekbuying

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
SJ5000 PLUS, SJ5000, SJ5000 WIFI, SJ4000, M10
Hello, I 'm the representative of Geekbuying. Anyone of you who have bought Dash Camera from us could leave message for me. No matter good or bad, which are all welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Anders.

As stated in another thread I bought an Ambarella A2S70 based GS8000 (Not L) from Geekbuying some time when it was on sale months ago. Was charged a dollar extra for tracking while this is not a huge deal and i have had to do the same thing before when buying DashCams from other sellers I just wanted to mention that with other sellers it was pointed out before hand on the page with the DashCam details, and to be fair i might of missed it in the Geekbuying listing, but i did not notice it until i was around the confirm check out area. Not a huge deal at all or anything just something i wanted to mention and again it might of been before then and i had just missed it.

My camera came in a few weeks time, and while it does suffer from overheating issues it lasted a few months and that is more a product issue and not really an issue with Geekbuying as a seller, and i still look from time to time to see what they offer and have on sale

Hello, CheckYourLights. Glad to hear from you, and thank you for your understanding and your trust on us. May I know you got the notice of extra dollar for tracking from the system or from our service people?

May I know you got the notice of extra dollar for tracking from the system or from our service people?
It was quite a few months ago, but if i remember correctly it was near the finalize order screen So i guess from the system. I'm pretty sure near the finalize order screen as i completed the order was a dollar to track. I bought my GS8000 when it was on sale for 99.99.

I tried to get the site to mention it again, but i don't need to order anything at this time and don't want to accidentally complete an order for something, but again not a big deal or anything

Last edited:
yeah, I got you. Just thank you for sharing something us. Have a nice day.

I am currently going through a dispute with Geekbuying after purchasing a BL2000 from here http://www.geekbuying.com/item/BLAC...DVR-Recorder-with-IR-Night-Vision-320949.html

After receiving it and fitting it I went out and did some testing. When I reviewed the footage I realized that this was not a true FullHD 1080p camera as described on the website. It does interpolation to up-scale the video from 720p to 1080p as it uses the Novatek NTK 96220 chipset. And on top of that the supposed 1080p is only @ 24fps.

I have sent test video's to them to show that the quality of the 720p is no different to the supposed 1080p but they just wrote back saying that " by the way, about the videos, we have watched them, it looks like normal . no problem of jumpy, "

They sent me a new firmware but it did not make any difference, it's still interpolated 1080p.

I have requested a 50% refund as compensation. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

So far it has not been a good experience.

AUD$56 delivered . It was a stop gap measure whilst I wait for your product to be released.

Ok, given the circumstances once ours is ready to go remind me and I'll knock an extra $56 off the price for you

@jokiin , that is a very generous offer, thank you. But it wasn't your fault, so I really don't expect for you to make a loss due to my bad luck. You really are one in a million Jokiin.

Not our fault but if our product was ready sooner you never would have wasted $56 on an interim product

Thank you jokiin. I'm really looking forward to your products release. I won't forget your generosity. Cheers :) Mario

Ok, given the circumstances once ours is ready to go remind me and I'll knock an extra $56 off the price for you

Now that is an offer!!! Well played sir :D

Back