Feedback requested on new model

JaapError

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine works in China for a company that makes dash cams. They are working on a new model and she gave me a short video asking for feedback. Would you guys help me out by providing some feedback on the quality of the video? Specific colors that are too flat? Stuff like that.

Thank you in advance :)

Download-link, not sure if Vimeo compresses the video
https://we.tl/BAlQzdwGoA

One video tells you nothing. You would need at least a few in different lighting situations. Also preferably raw samples not vimeo or youtube as they reencode the video...

Or just send some of the old members here on forum to do a video review of that product.:(:cool::D

One video tells you nothing. You would need at least a few in different lighting situations. Also preferably raw samples not vimeo or youtube as they reencode the video...

Yes, you might be right. I can ask for more maybe. I was just wondering about your first thoughts. There is also a wetransfer download-link with my post but I do not see difference on my PC and on Vimeo.

Or just send some of the old members here on forum to do a video review of that product.:(:cool::D

yes, that would be possible. But then there must first be an product to test and they only have a alpha-version now. Reviews don't just leave the internet, so it's better to release a product with some quality the first time, right? ;)

Any thoughts on the video, I understand it's only one video and it's small.

yes, that would be possible. But then there must first be an product to test and they only have a alpha-version now. Reviews don't just leave the internet, so it's better to release a product with some quality the first time, right? ;)

Any thoughts on the video, I understand it's only one video and it's small.
No comments on video,I havent too much expirience with dashcams.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

...by providing some feedback on the quality of the video?...
More important (or at least as important) than the video quality is the ability of the camera to capture usable video reliably, without corruption, regardless of the conditions (hot, cold, humid, day, night, etc.). High quality video from a camera that fails when needed most is useless.

More important (or at least as important) than the video quality is the ability of the camera to capture usable video reliably, without corruption, regardless of the conditions (hot, cold, humid, day, night, etc.). High quality video from a camera that fails when needed most is useless.
+1

is this hardware gonna be used in a dashcam that's intended to sell at $50 or $200?

This is absolutely true. It's mostly needed for when problems on the road occur and you can later on show what happened. Still, progress could be made during higher speeds. Most cameras capture license plates pretty well during slow speed, but on a highway that might change. Details like colors etc, are secondary.

+1

is this hardware gonna be used in a dashcam that's intended to sell at $50 or $200?

If looking at the pure basics: capturing what is happening in front of you with recognizable cars, then my years old Mini 0805 is still doing fine during all weather conditions. I think innovation must come from other functionality.

1) wetransfer link is dead
2) we can't say too much about a few second daylight video
3) we need to test it in these conditions:
- night (inside and outside cities - more and less lights)
- fog and rain
- high speed
- front sun
We should check with and without WDR.

I can only see Vimeo video and then I can't check raw bitrate and raw quality. I think you should not apply for real colors, but for blur and other artifacts. Users want always to see the plates, they don't care if the dashcam capture the right tint of blue ...

What kind of hardware is inside the camera?

1) wetransfer link is dead
2) we can't say too much about a few second daylight video
3) we need to test it in these conditions:
- night (inside and outside cities - more and less lights)
- fog and rain
- high speed
- front sun
We should check with and without WDR.

I can only see Vimeo video and then I can't check raw bitrate and raw quality. I think you should not apply for real colors, but for blur and other artifacts. Users want always to see the plates, they don't care if the dashcam capture the right tint of blue ...
Hi! Thank you for your reply.

WeTrans dies pretty quickly. I will make a more pernament link next time. And I will see about the different weather situations.

physical construction / form factor of camera is also very important.

most people when they shop for cameras are comparing models between one, or maybe two form factors / size ranges. nobody is comparing the extremely compact wedge cameras like street guardian, viofo to giant rectangles like lukas t790 / vico opia

here is a very big (1440p) image showing what i mean:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BpAwLSuWReo/maxresdefault.jpg

Back