Feitelijk's SG9665GC

Feitelijk

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
SG9665GC GT680W G90C GT300W
Got mine from Hiniko's yesterday. Impressed by speed an quality of service.

And it's tiny!!! Way smaller than I expected.
Here is is next to my old (already not to big) GT680W
2zgxmqZ.jpg

No real side by side comparison yet as it was a little to cold for running the GT680W on battery, even for a few seconds. But I have compared it with last thursday:

Nags so far:
  • doesn't run on PC-USB power. Is that a capacitor thing? Why does it need more than 0,5 amp when it is just acting as a mass storage device?
  • although a huge improvement in image quality I can't make out license plates at night even when driving 20km/h past parked cars.
  • Windscreen angle!! And this is a biggie.
    Hello welcome, yes the SG9665GC comes with two brackets. 1 thin, and 1 thick.
    If you use the thick mount you can adjust the lens up high enough for vertical windows. (Land Rover, Semi-Trucks, Busses, no problem)
    Well, that seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. The lens won't turn any further than 64 degrees.
    eVhNY70.jpg

So, a suggestion: I wouldn't mind having an optional sloped mountingplate allowing the cam to be aligned at larger angles. But I guess that would be problematic with the usb-plug.

There will always be "some" slope to most Windows. I should edit my post/description to say "near" vertical Windows. Also it's best to use the 40/60 rule and that makes up the difference. (40% sky, 60% road/hood/dash). Curious? Why did you mount it floating in the middle of the windshield rather than stealthily behind the rearview mirror? (Does it not fit). That would also make a difference for angle and field of view. Low light / Night time is always a challenge with moving objects. And yes it's true the NT96655 plus Sony Sensor with super caps needs a full stable 1A of power. Most computer USB ports won't cut it at 500mha

Last edited:
Curious? Why did you mount it floating in the middle of the windshield rather than stealthily behind the rearview mirror? (Does it not fit).
Nope, doesn't fit. The mirror is already in my view, so low and left is best. And then there is a small spot that still gets wiped on the left, So that's where it had to go.

That would also make a difference for angle and field of view.
Not really, it would be up 10 cm more. I now get the horizon at 500/1080. Seeing as there is a lot of hood, I could do with some more sky/trafficlights at the top of my image. But basically this is fine.

Low light / Night time is always a challenge with moving objects.
I know, it's an improvement over the old one but

And yes it's true the NT96655 plus Sony Sensor with super caps needs a full stable 1A of power. Most computer USB ports won't cut it at 500mha
I assumed that when it is in mass storage the Exmor is not drawing any current, and the NT96655 in the GT680W works fine on the PC-USB so that made me suspect the supercaps.

I just tried it on my work desktop, and although it complains about low battery, it does run as a mass storage. Cool!

It looks like some interesting Classic Car. What is make / model ?

It look like it yes! :)
But it's a Westfield kit-car.

Side bij side:
yyh2ic6.jpg

88QrtpI.jpg

Some difficult lighting conditions.
Back to back

Side by side
[MEDIA]
[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Been using it for a while now. So I feel feedback is now warranted:

Generally impressed, 20151230 beta improves the image at night. Great.
Microphone is excellent, way better to anything I had before.

The thick mount has a little wiggleroom, curious to see how fast this will increase.
What I miss is the possibility of playback and the ability to protect or remove clips on the camera. The novatek does it on other cams so I guess it's a design choice.
Using it as a cardreader is possible but what "it's not designed todo this" means I don't know. It complains about low battery (ironically because of the capacitor) when connected to a PC, but it does work for copying files.

From the position I have the cam I can't see the red recording light. Not too worried about this since it's always on under power, and I see the other leds. Fixing it probably requires a new mould for separating the windows better.
The angle is right for my 62 deg window, but it is at its maximum.
I see some blocks https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blocks.16597/ when there is a lot of detail in the image. An I just noticed how many threes we have around highways here!

I'm chuffed with the whole package! :) Great, do not regret choosing this over a LS460W!

That's not included in my 'basic' set.

The curvature of of some windshields can slowly pull the flat mount over time creating a tiny gap. The EVA Foam Pad (or suitable substitute) will fill the gap for a rock solid wiggle/vibration free recording experience.

And how easy is it then to remove the cam, which I have to do every day.

it's like a memory foam type material, it squashes down to the required thickness and just takes up the slack, the first time you put it on it's a bit tight but after that it's fine

That's not included in my 'basic' set.

Yeah, "basic" is the cheapest special set without additional extras.
I can help you with EVA foam pads. Please check PM box.

First 4-5 mount-dismount can be too tight, but later it become more easy, at the same time providing a snug fit.

I can help you with EVA foam pads. Please check PM box.
You guys bring customerservice to the brink of stalking! :)

Thanks, no need for it now. I'll keep you informed on the wiggleprogress.

You guys bring customerservice to the brink of stalking! :)

Thanks, no need for it now. I'll keep you informed on the wiggleprogress.
No problem. If any help needed, we are always here to assist you and others.

So, this is the reason I don't use the built-in GPS. You might have seen the speed measurement before, but the map is new.

Back