Feitelijk's SG9665GC

I would try and pinch the USB plug a little tiny bit on the narrow part, very little at the time proceed careful.

Its the usb port.
When I wobble the connector the screen flickers and sometimes it switches off.
Other cables wobble as well.
Can I try to bend the port a bit to make the fit tight or what other trics are there? Small layer of soldering?

is that the one that @niko opened up before or is it the other one?

maybe its the way you have it mounted in that convertible of yours, the wires are just hanging there?? or are they attached somewhere so the wires arent pulling on the unit making the connection loose?? maybe need to attach the wires at the top of the screen or something so every bump you go over doesnt pull on the cable.

maybe its the way you have it mounted in that convertible of yours, the wires are just hanging there?? or are they attached somewhere so the wires arent pulling on the unit making the connection loose?? maybe need to attach the wires at the top of the screen or something so every bump you go over doesnt pull on the cable.

the cables just hanging like that might not do the port any favours over the long term

Ill try jiggle my cable tomorrow, just to see what i get.

Maybe i jiggle other things too :D

the cables just hanging like that might not do the port any favours over the long term
Looks like it. Didn't have trouble with the V2 though.
My elastic band patch:
IRaiLYk.jpg

And yes that's tape. Since Niko merged two V3's there are some loose rattles which I stopped with gaffertape.
2hxyw1b.jpg

maybe its the way you have it mounted in that convertible of yours, the wires are just hanging there?? or are they attached somewhere so the wires arent pulling on the unit making the connection loose??
The wires are hanging but only about 30 cm.

Its the usb port.
When I wobble the connector the screen flickers and sometimes it switches off.
Other cables wobble as well.
Can I try to bend the port a bit to make the fit tight or what other trics are there? Small layer of soldering?
Solder a drop on the male part of power cable to make a really snug fit or try to gently spread open the male connector Force something in male opening to spread it a bit more open Crude but works I did that and it fits tight now

I do what Kamkar1 recommends and it has fixed 3 cheap cams for me so far. If you look inside the connectors and see how the contacts mate it becomes clear where and how to bend the plug to make that connection tighter :cool: Proceed slowly with the bending and don't force an over-bent plug into place ;) The solder points on the socket inside the cam are very small and easily damaged so 'gently' is the keyword here ;)

Phil

Yes, and proceed slowly- it doesn't take much ;)

Phil

First things first. Today a cooling pipe burst so i have some welding to do.

V2 on the 2017-11-02 firmware:

It wobbles from side to side, not front to back.
And it keeps doing that when I pinch.
Changed to an other power supply with separate USB cable and that works fine.
So, no longer running on the factory power supply then.

Wow!
This is the V2.
Every file on that trip does this. After a few seconds it's just noise!

Woooo thats a new one.

Strange thing is, it was fine the next trip.
Originals in PM to jokiin

Wow!
This is the V2.
Every file on that trip does this. After a few seconds it's just noise!

Try new memory card. Also re-install firmware. See if it helps.

Why am I from Sweden?

Back