Fellow UK Dashcammer

• Thread starter Deleted member 44607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44607

Hello everyone!

I've been driving for just under 2 years now and only recently invested in a dashcam, and I think it may be the best thing I've ever purchased. (Other than my car, of course! ;) )

I do a fair amount of driving, roughly 6-7 thousand miles a year so I'm hoping that my dashcam is going to capture a LOT of footage this year.

I noticed that a lot of the long standing members greet people in this section of the forum so I want to ask something while I'm here.

I have a dashcam compilation uploaded already (all my own clips) but I noticed in the forum rules that profanity isn't allowed... And I'm quite the, ahem, vocal driver when idiots do idiot things. Would I still be okay to share it if I put a swearing warning on the topic title or do I have to start censoring myself in future videos instead? ;)

It'd be a shame if it's the latter because British people swearing in dash cam compilations can be pure gold sometimes, haha!

Anyway see you guys around the forum and drive safe! ;)

Welcome to DCT. Profanity in written posts are not allowed. Some of the videos do have swearing and since they are hosted elsewhere (usually youtube) that is less of an issue from my end. Including a warning makes sense.

Judging by the nature of forum everybody here is an adult, if an adult can't handle little swearing i would say grow up or go home;)

Welcome to the forum.
That should not be a problem, i do swear a lot myself, and even in several languages.

I'm working on adding Russian cursewords to my vocabulary as that will baffle almost everyone here where I live :p I'm good for cursing in a few languages though I'm not fluent in any but English. I like my audio off because when I'm driving alone my stream of cursewords would make the most hardened Sailor blush with embarrassment :ROFLMAO: When I'm not cursing I may be singing, and my singing has been ruled as extreme torture by the UN :rolleyes: If my vids are needed in a Courtroom I want none of that exposed :cool:

Some folks edit the cursewords from their vids before posting them, or add a music soundtrack instead. Lots of options so unless you get complaints I wouldn't worry about it- a NSFW warning should be enough.

Phil

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone! :)

I'm working on adding Russian cursewords to my vocabulary as that will baffle almost everyone here where I live :p I'm good for cursing in a few languages though I'm not fluent in any but English. I like my audio off because when I'm driving alone my stream of cursewords would make the most hardened Sailor blush with embarrassment :ROFLMAO: When I'm not cursing I may be singing, and my singing has been ruled as extreme torture by the UN:rolleyes: If my vids are needed in a Courtroom I want none of that exposed :cool:

Some folks edit the cursewords from their vids before posting them, or add a music soundtrack instead. Lots of options so unless you get complaints I wouldn't worry about it- a NSFW warning should be enough.

Phil
Are we the same person? like seriously, 90% of my dashcam footage is me swearing or singing badly (if I'm on my own that is ;) )

It's funny that you mention swearing in different languages because I have this Polish friend who I once asked if he stubbed his toe would he instinctively swear in Polish or in English. Anyway, I'm out on a drive with him in his whip, and some guy rear ends us (it's in the video I've shared to the dashcam video forum ;) #shamelessselfpromotion) and he screams multiple English swears but not one Polish one, so I got my answer finally hahaha!

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Are we the same person? like seriously, 90% of my dashcam footage is me swearing or singing badly (if I'm on my own that is ;) )

It's funny that you mention swearing in different languages because I have this Polish friend who I once asked if he stubbed his toe would he instinctively swear in Polish or in English. Anyway, I'm out on a drive with him in his whip, and some guy rear ends us (it's in the video I've shared to the dashcam video forum ;) #shamelessselfpromotion) and he screams multiple English swears but not one Polish one, so I got my answer finally hahaha!
:)

Can't be the same person- I'm the uglier of us two :rolleyes: When I tell a photographer to take pics from my best side they point their camera at the floor :ROFLMAO:

My career is in construction, If you've seen the opening scene of the movie "City Slickers" where the Dad is relating his work experience to the kids in the classroom then you know how I speak. That wasn't an exaggeration- that is exactly what you'll hear on any big jobsite in the US :eek: Only the accent varies with the job location. It takes an effort for me to not use such language around the ladies and children but I do it.

Phil

Back