Few questions about A119 Mini

QenTox

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
A119 Mini
I have to first of all say, that Viofo A119 Mini is my first dash cam I have purchased after some research I have done. So it might be, that some question I am going to ask now are obvious to you. Please forgive me.

1. How is it possible to delete protected files? I just get an error, when I try to delete videos from my iPhone via Viofo App. I did some testing videos and tried different things with my Viofo A119 Mini and now just want to delete them from the dash cams memory card.

2. Our Skoda Karoq has USB-C port in the Rearview Mirror. I have at home 7 different USB-C to USB-C cables, but only 1 one of them worked and was able to power the Viofo A119 Mini. The only problem is, that I need only about 10 cm long cable, which is going to be more than long enough. The cable is more than half a meter long. What parameters (Ampers and Watts) the cable should have to be able to power correctly the Viofo A119 Mini?

3. Is it possible somehow to delete Locked Files? I am trying to delete them in the Viofo App and whenever I try it I get "Error Code -5: Delete failed."

4. What Video Resolution and Exposure Value is recommended to use in general for best quality videos? Obviously the Bitrate I have put to High.

5. Is here somewhere on the forum or on the Viofo website some explanation to Settings of the Viofo App? For example for me are not very clear the following Settings and what they do/affect:
a) Loop Recording
b) Time-lapse Recording
c) Motion Detection - I guess this is only for the Parking Mode, right?
d) G-Sensor - this one affects the power of shakes needed in order for the video being automatically made protected?
e) Boot Delay
f) Image Mirror
g) Image Rotate
h) Frequency - this applies to the display frequency 50Hz or 60Hz of the dash cam?

6. Maybe there is some recommended Settings somewhere for best quality videos already posted here?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

I have to first of all say, that Viofo A119 Mini is my first dash cam I have purchased after some research I have done. So it might be, that some question I am going to ask now are obvious to you. Please forgive me.

1. How is it possible to delete protected files? I just get an error, when I try to delete videos from my iPhone via Viofo App. I did some testing videos and tried different things with my Viofo A119 Mini and now just want to delete them from the dash cams memory card.

2. Our Skoda Karoq has USB-C port in the Rearview Mirror. I have at home 7 different USB-C to USB-C cables, but only 1 one of them worked and was able to power the Viofo A119 Mini. The only problem is, that I need only about 10 cm long cable, which is going to be more than long enough. The cable is more than half a meter long. What parameters (Ampers and Watts) the cable should have to be able to power correctly the Viofo A119 Mini?

3. Is it possible somehow to delete Locked Files? I am trying to delete them in the Viofo App and whenever I try it I get "Error Code -5: Delete failed."

4. What Video Resolution and Exposure Value is recommended to use in general for best quality videos? Obviously the Bitrate I have put to High.

5. Is here somewhere on the forum or on the Viofo website some explanation to Settings of the Viofo App? For example for me are not very clear the following Settings and what they do/affect:
a) Loop Recording
b) Time-lapse Recording
c) Motion Detection - I guess this is only for the Parking Mode, right?
d) G-Sensor - this one affects the power of shakes needed in order for the video being automatically made protected?
e) Boot Delay
f) Image Mirror
g) Image Rotate
h) Frequency - this applies to the display frequency 50Hz or 60Hz of the dash cam?

6. Maybe there is some recommended Settings somewhere for best quality videos already posted here?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Many of your questions are answered here.

I consider the best settings are the default settings. Enabling Auto HDR can help with reading license plates at night.
Here is the menu to delete or lock/unlock videos.
If you want to use a shorter USB-C cable buy one which is a quality cable.

Back