Few questions about DOD RC500S

ND1

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Hello everyone. I can not find answers for the following questions:

1. It's true that RC500S is permanently in power-on state every second while in Parking Mode and drains car battery until it be emptied? Or only when some movement/vibration occur?
2. Can I use Power Magic Pro? If yes - 12 hour period every day can completely dry my car battery? I usually drive only about 30 minutes in a day.
3. If I don't want use WiFi features at all, do I have some problems with software? I just want put SD Card, press buttons like 'on/off', 'start/stop record' and manually copy SD Card contents to the laptop.
4. What about loop record? Can I disable it?
5. Blackvue dr750s-2ch better choice? I know that RC500S has more detailed picture, but... ?

Thanks!

1. it needs power to work, if it just keeps working eventually you'd end up with a flat battery
2. can use the PMP, if you drive 30 minutes a day and want to run the camera 12 hours a day you're going to shorten the life of your car battery quite a lot, if you don't mind your car battery needing to be replaced in a year then I guess that's workable
3. you need wifi to at least set it up, once configured though there's no real need
4. hopefully you can't disable it, very stupid of them if they have this function
5. Blackvue is not a great product, their app is maybe better but other than that it has no real benefit over the DOD, the DOD picture quality is way better than the Blackvue

Last edited:
Another alternative is to buy a supplemental battery like a Cellink.

4. What about loop record? Can I disable it?

I just want to add that you have the option to manually lock the files you want so they don't get overwritten.

Back