Few questions

dg1972

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I got the U1000 without the rear camera.

1. I had a test drive yesterday, in extremely sunny weather. I had installed the CPL filter on the lens in the correct orientation. Everything was super over exposed. License plates were not readable unless you were right up on them. Otherwise, they were washed out in bright white. Is this normal? I left the brightness at Mid.
I switched the camera resolution from 4k/2k (front and back) to just front 4k. I'll see what that does today, but I expected better performance.

2. Does anyone have a program they recommend to consolidate the 1 minute files all together? Or am I going to be stuck using the old DOS command copy 1+2+3+4+5 = movie

3. I am using the OBD cable. I thought when the unit did not have parking mode enabled, and I turned off the car, the unit would shut itself down. This is not the case, I guess. I guess it might get a signal that the ignition was turned off, but it keeps recording full tilt until I power it off or yank the power cable. Once again, is this normal?

I can share my experience with question number one. 2k works slightly better on license plates. Very little difference but better. You’ll probably be able to decipher plates up to 2 cars in front of you. Not further. And the sun will affect how well you can see them. Depending on its position relative to your driving direction. Specially if the plates have that reflective coating like they do in California. Same thing will happen with headlights.

Ok. Something learned today.
1. Today was super sunny, but switching the resolution to just the front camera only seems to have fixed the over exposure, where everything white is glowing beyond readability. Even street signs.
2. Once I turn the ignition off, it takes some 30 seconds, but the unit will eventually shut off on its own.

I'm not hurting anything by yanking the power cord out, am I? I do get an annoyance beep. But the capacitor should have enough power to shut it down properly.

Back