Few weird quirks w settings...

MoreBloodWine

Reaction score
Country
United States
1) Even w GMT -4 set, the time code displays right on live feed. However is still recording w a +1 as if DST was still in effect.

2) Parking mode timer, not all settings stick. Not doing an entire comprehensive list. But basically, some times adhere, but if I set say 12 hr, it goes to 3. But if I set 8 it sticks.

Results vary from diff selections on if it sticks or kicks to a diff value.

3) This one's not a bug, but; I'd love to see an app setting to select a 12hr clock w am/pm instead of a 24hr clock. I fully understand how to read military time. I was in the guard for a few years, I just prefer the 12hr am/pm clock.

Not sure how to tag the viofo support within tapatalk and the laptops down for now, so if someone could do that for me, that'd be great, ty.

But FW is current and app on my android phone is latest as seen below.
6cb50837dd1842178ce39bf647ef0171.jpg

Last edited:
Never had any time issues here, but maybe due to me only using +1 or +2 hours ( Denmark winter / normal time and summer time )

When testing parking guard ( normally i just use 1 hour ) trying to use 6 hours most times i would not get that, but as i recall one time i did, though this was in the height of summer in Denmark, it was pretty cold and most tests was also in the late afternoon / evening / night where temperatures from outside should not be a issue.
I did not move on to other duration's of parking guard as i figured at least trying even longer would be in vane, but i could probably have tried 5 - 4 - 3 hours.
1 hour the A139 always handled fine.

Well like I said, time displays right on live feed but records as if Daylight Savings is still in effect.

I'm a stickler for stuff, and this will annoy me if not fixed.

I mean in the grand scheme of things I suppose it don't matter. But for me, it does.

Regarding parking timer, I like to play w stuff. Found a bug and am curious to see of it gets fixed or looked over bec it's something most ppl dont f with. Which imo is a jackass of a bandaid, meaning don't ignore a bug bec it's a feature some ppl dont use or notice due to them using diff settings if that makes sense.

Same here, i am not really that big on time or the GPS i have always used, cuz if something happen and it is not minor, there will be no doubt on where or when it happened, not least if police are attending too, though that is rare here as it would mean someone got hurt really bad or killed or traffic is completely blocked.

But as i have time/date in the footage and GPS speed, i would like for those to be on point too.
And it is simple with the dashcams just set your time zone ( factoring DST if you have it ) many have made the mistake of trying to set both the clock and time zone, but if you have a GPS model all you need to do is set the time zone.

Sadly the dashcams still dont handle DST automatic like our phones and computers do, i really want to see that in new cameras.

Yeah you should always play with your new toy, to make sure you get what you expect to get, parking guard timer should work fine, and only thing that should cut parking guard off is a thermal shut down which you can encounter in the summer if your car are parked in the sun ( electronics only deal with so much heat ) and then of course low voltage protection kick in to save your car battery.

I only use 1 hour on the timer as i have CCTV on my parked car at home ( ip camera on my 2 floor balcony door ) and that cover all my shopping, work i dont do anymore and it is rare i park in a place i would like longer parking guard, but if it happen i can just up the timer, the hard wire kit are set to a 12.2 V cut off, so that should give me half a day of parking guard at least.
I know i can get 8 hours at least cuz i have tested that long on another brand camera in my car, but i think 10 - 12 hours are doable, at least in the warmer months of the year.

viofo are tagged in, but those guys probably not be back before Monday.

viofo are tagged in, but those guys probably not be back before Monday.
No biggie, I mean cam works so that **** can wait tech speaking.

But I think the DST thing should be automatic already. I mean who the f thinks, damn, time change... gotta update the cam.

But if they ditched the GMT thing and used the settings like America/NewYork, which is me even though I'm Pa. That might correct for it.

But ya, time needs to be auto corrected for DST for legal reasons IMO.

Last edited:
But the thing that bugs me is why the f it shows correct on live but still the +1 for DST on the recordings...

Same here, i am not really that big on time or the GPS i have always used, cuz if something happen and it is not minor, there will be no doubt on where or when it happened, not least if police are attending too, though that is rare here as it would mean someone got hurt really bad or killed or traffic is completely blocked.

But as i have time/date in the footage and GPS speed, i would like for those to be on point too.
And it is simple with the dashcams just set your time zone ( factoring DST if you have it ) many have made the mistake of trying to set both the clock and time zone, but if you have a GPS model all you need to do is set the time zone.

Sadly the dashcams still dont handle DST automatic like our phones and computers do, i really want to see that in new cameras.

Yeah you should always play with your new toy, to make sure you get what you expect to get, parking guard timer should work fine, and only thing that should cut parking guard off is a thermal shut down which you can encounter in the summer if your car are parked in the sun ( electronics only deal with so much heat ) and then of course low voltage protection kick in to save your car battery.

I only use 1 hour on the timer as i have CCTV on my parked car at home ( ip camera on my 2 floor balcony door ) and that cover all my shopping, work i dont do anymore and it is rare i park in a place i would like longer parking guard, but if it happen i can just up the timer, the hard wire kit are set to a 12.2 V cut off, so that should give me half a day of parking guard at least.
I know i can get 8 hours at least cuz i have tested that long on another brand camera in my car, but i think 10 - 12 hours are doable, at least in the warmer months of the year.
Just for ****s & giggles as they say, can you try to set your parking time to 12 hr to see if it sticks, or changes to something like 3 hr on its own?

But the thing that bugs me is why the f it shows correct on live but still the +1 for DST on the recordings...
It is possible that the dashcam needs repowering to get the recording clock in sync with the display clock!

Can you try this and report if there is still a problem...

Lmao, it re-powers everytime the parking timer times out and I start my car...

Your query assumes 24/7 continual operation which is quite literally impossible for the sake of the car's battery.

Lmao, it re-powers everytime the parking timer times out and I start my car...
Does it?

In that situation it doesn't actually re-power, even if it appears to re-boot, so I'm not sure it is the same thing. It maybe, but I'm trying to explain why you are seeing a problem that others haven't picked up, and clocks are funny things because they get started from the real-time hardware clock at power-up, which doesn't necessarily happen after a sleep, and I think it is only sleeping when the parking timer times out...

I can try, but i am having issues with my 2 year old battery, will give it a try tomorrow

Just to add a fun little tidbit. DST had already ended the first time this camera ever literally got powered up.

Aaaa okay, i will try.

But ya, time needs to be auto corrected for DST for legal reasons IMO.
Not everyplace uses DST and some change over on different dates, so no possible way for a simple machine to do that right for everyone. Some folks just use GMT/UTC and do the math since that time zone is consistent year round. I'll probably do that too as the change-over takes me at least 20 minutes to do all my cams and I'm getting tired of the hassle.

Phil

Back