File Error

MiiHere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
I got my second Mobius all squared away today with super capacitor and new Kingston 32GB SD card (same setup as my first mobius.) I set the parameters and took it out for a test ride.

When I got back I started watching the video and got about 2 minutes into the 3 minute video and suddenly it was telling me it couldn't play it because it was opened somewhere else. I tried using a different video player, I tried a different file. Every now and again the video would start and then suddenly stop with the same error, sometimes playing for 10 seconds, sometimes just 2 seconds.

I went ahead and formatted the SD card once more using mSetup and then made sure my parameters were set exactly as my first Mobius which didn't have trouble playing the videos from earlier.

Any thoughts on the playing issue?

are you copying the file to the PC before playing them?

No. I did consider it, but I've never had any trouble playing them directly from the Mobius file folder. I'll give that a go if I encounter the error again in the future.

the data is big enough that it can choke trying to transfer and playback at the same time, always worth copying locally first to rule that out

the data is big enough that it can choke trying to transfer and playback at the same time, always worth copying locally first to rule that out

That does make sense. Strange it hasn't happened before. I always view the videos directly from the Mobius to decide which ones to transfer to the PC. Something I didn't try was to use RV.

Back