File size in the GPS directory

Autobahndriver

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Mini 906 (sold), Viofo A129 plus duo
Hy, I have a question about the missing data for the GPS track.
On the sd-card are four directories:
FRONT
REAR
GPS
NOVATEC
In the GPS directory there are a lot of *.log files, according to the files the camera producing itself. ALL of these *.log files are empty with the size 0kb. In my opinion this must be the fault, am I right?
Can anyone check, what’s the size of the files on the mini 0906 you use, please?

In the NOVATEC directory also *.log files are present, but these will have mostly the size of roughly 1200kb.

thanks, Autobahndriver

Hello Jokiin, thanks for the reply,
but my problem is not missing cardspace - it's missing information about driven roads shown on the map (dashcam Viewer / rdCamPlayer...) and the missing grafic information about speed & G-Sensor.

Hy jokiin,
no, GPS was working more or less acceptable with 100 to 600 m misspointing. There were no data written in the GPS log files. After receiving a new firmware (0906_20190828V1) from my dealer - problem is solved. Everything is working nice. GPS shows position nearly exact, with only 10m to 100m deviation. Also the track and the driving parameter (speed/direction/G-Sensor/distance) are shown in maps and in the software of "rdCamPlayer" and "Dashcam Viewer".

seems the previous frimware in your device is toooooo old maybe years ago?
it is strongly recommended to update to the latest firmware to keep system stable and detail improvements.
the latest firmware can be find at the mini 0906 website anytime
www.mini0906.com/update.html

Hy and happy new year to all,
the previous firmware really was tooooo old, I remember it was released in the beginning of 2018.

Coming back to post #1 in this threat, the file size of GPS data is 11 KB, when using the 3 minutes loop.

have a good time....

One question @Autobahndriver, is your Remote working with the official Firmware?
I guess you also have the iTracker Camera in Germany and in my experience the remote doesnt work with the official firmware.
Can you confirm this?

@Rayman.Chan
Can you check if that the latest firmware for the mini 0906 for germany?

See Logchange:

Use Google Translate for quick translate:

Firmware mini0906 - 04.09.2018
Important NOTE! The file must first be extracted after downloading! You will receive a firmware file that you can use for the update.

After unpacking you will also receive a text file with instructions on how to carry out the update.

stability improvements
Fixed hanging in park mode after about 6-7 hours.
The parking mode function has been expanded to include additional functions. The motion detection was included in the menu item "Parking monitoring".
System stability has been improved.
Sensitivity of the G sensor has been revised
GPS data storage has been optimized
The recording function has been deactivated when the HDMI cable is connected.
Management of read-only video files has been optimized. The last video file is locked, if the write protection in the first 15 seconds.

One question @Autobahndriver, is your Remote working with the official Firmware?
I guess you also have the iTracker Camera in Germany and in my experience the remote doesnt work with the official firmware.
Can you confirm this?

German Text below...
Hallo Helle85,
the remote control now is only doing single picture during recording - not write protecting the actual videofile. The old firmware which was insalled when receiving the i-Tracker mini906 from the german dealer "Adam Vertriebs GmbH" supports the write protection when pushing the remote control.
I received the new firmware directly from Adam Vertriebs GmbH and they noted, this is not yet proofed or adapted to german. So it is only english or russian language to choose. But that's ok.
But take care, don't download the firmware with "PRO" in the name, I'm sure this will not work with a normal mini906

Hallo Helle85,
aktuell mit der neuen Firmware (Version: 0906FW20190828V1) macht meine Fernbedienung ein einzelnes Standbild während der Video-Aufnahme. Die vorher vorhandene (ALTE) Firmware (0906FW20180125V1), die aufgespielt war als ich die Kamera von "Adam Vertrieb" ... erhalten habe, hat mit dem Auslösen der Fernbedienung die aktuelle Video-Datei gegen Überschreiben geschützt.
Die neue Firmware habe ich direkt von Adams erhalten, mit der Bemerkung, dass sie noch nicht auf den deutschen Markt angepasst ist. Auch sind als Sprachen nur Englisch und Russisch verfügbar, was mich aber nicht stört.
Aber Achtung beim Download. Nicht aus Versehen die Firmware für die Mini0906 PRO runterladen - die läuft wohl nicht auf der MINI 906 (ohne Pro)...

Last edited:
Back