TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
Hi Guys,
Connected the U1000 up on Saturday, went for a drive. Looking at the footage and file sizes I have a few questions.

I've noticed that 1min it uses roughly 200MB Front and 100MB Rear.
However, when there is an event (G Sensor is triggered) and it switches over to an Event File the Continuous Recording size stays the same regardless of how long it is. So it could be 9sec into that 1min file when it triggers and the file size stays the same.
If you have a look at the below highlighted and many others.
I obviously need to turn that sensitivity down.

Why is that? Is this normal?

1599462455783.png1599462398040.png

It is normal, as the camera pre-allocates the memory card space for video in advance (to do with it being Format Free i believe).

If you insert an empty memory card and then power the camera up for a few seconds and then recheck the card in a PC it will show as full again as the space has been pre allocated for video. You do have to many event files though (unless you were deliberately triggering them as a test) so i agree turn that down!

It is normal, as the camera pre-allocates the memory card space for video in advance (to do with it being Format Free i believe).

If you insert an empty memory card and then power the camera up for a few seconds and then recheck the card in a PC it will show as full again as the space has been pre allocated for video. You do have to many event files though (unless you were deliberately triggering them as a test) so i agree turn that down!

Ah so that's how that works, good to know.

Nope not deliberate at all, I've turned it down to the lowest setting so lets see how that goes. Worse case scenario I'll switch it off.
The result of driving a stiff suspension go kart :LOL:

Hi
just out of curiosity, is that 200K file size for the max quality @ 30 fps one or the one below at 60 fps ?

id like to compare it to my Q800 pro
cheers

Back