File transfer

Mattyboyc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
mini 0806
Hi all,
As you can see I am new to this dash cam lark and would like some advice/guidance on transferring the files should I need to send them to my insurance/police for any reason.
I have the camera set up to record in 3 minute segments although I may drop this to 1 minute as the files are too big to email should I want to do that.
If I watch back the recordings through the GPS player that is loaded on to the card when the card is formatted in the camera I can see all relevant information, however if I then transfer the files to a memory stick only the video is transferred and not any GPS information.
Now I see in the camera menu there is a option to transfer to another card, would this transfer all the information so I could just send that card off ( although looking through the files on the camera is not ideal ) or is there a different procedure I need to follow.
Any help or advice with this would be greatfully received and as simple as possible please.
Thanks,
Matt

even 1 minute files will be too large to email, copy the files off and upload to a file share or put them on disc, GPS data can be retained if you want to share that also

Back