files are recorded as document format. drives me crazy.

sujinw74

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Hi,

I just recorded the videos and everytime i check the video at my computer, i cannot open it!!
they are saying this is not a format that can be played.
and photo has same problem.... i cannot open it or check it.

my yi camera haven't updated as new firmware and i tried to update but fail everytime...makes me crazy!!!!!

how can i solve this problem...is there any chance i can restore the video that I made?
Im doing school project for this, so i really want to restore my videos that i recorded........

There is a thread how to correctly update camera software if you're having issues.
Check it.

Next, is your memory card good? I had the problem with a bad memory card.

try to download stuff with USB connected camera or directly from card through card reader

upload a sample file for others to check, can determine if it's a file problem or a PC problem

i want to upload the file but its too large.
think its not pc problem, when i connect the camera with my phone, in the app, it also says you cant open the file cause its format is not supported....... maybe its memory card problem i guess..
upload a sample file for others to check, can determine if it's a file problem or a PC problem

file you uploaded is broken, what memory card are you using?
it is kingston 32gb. and also everytime i made this card formatted, then it works. but after few videos, it starts to have the same problem again....

Back