Files Missing After Viewing Via App

jburreson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had an incident that I needed to review the video for so I connected to the 750 via the direct wifi link from the BlackVue app. I viewed the videos I needed to make sure it contained the information I needed. When I was looking for the videos today so I could download them to my phone or Mac, they are not on the card! I have a 64 GB card and it has the videos from a couple of days before and since so I don't think it was overwritten. Can anyone help me in figuring out where to find these. Surely the files don't delete themselves after viewing and I don't remember even seeing a way to accidentally delete the files via the app. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Although I can't help you with your 'lost' files, as I have 'lost' a couple. I always carry a spare SD, so if there was ever something recorded that I needed, I would immediately swap the SD and keep it safe until I got home and then, before doing anything else, make a full backup of the card.
Stable doors and bolting horses spring to mind here. :eek:

In some cases like this I feel I am lucky. I have never had any files go missing from my 650gw or the wifes 590 after viewing with wifi. You might be able to find some data recovery software online that could help get them back if they haven't been written over.

I always carry a spare SD, so if there was ever something recorded that I needed, I would immediately swap the SD and keep it safe
This is very good advice for anyone using a dash cam. Heck, the card with footage from my last accident that took place over two years ago is still sitting on my computer. About six months later the police were happy that I kept them on the card. They wanted untouched copies of the video to go after the other driver for insurance fraud.

Breakfast, debating what to have.

The DR750S only locks 50 of the last event files (manually triggered or by impact). Could be that the file you're looking for didn't register as an event file and was overwritten by now.

64GB for a DR750S-2CH provides about 4~6 or so hours of recording, depending on the resolution.

Back