Files splittng / Bitrate drop issue, don't know what to do...

ChipSky

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello, i record 360 video and have 6 cameras rig
Details:
Resolution 1600x1200 60FPS
Issue is that files start split on some cameras (not particular ones)
I tried 40, 35, 30 test (5-10 minutes) and after some time (usually about 1 minute) record continue in another file with 18-20-25mb bitrate.

My microsds are Transcend MicroSDHC Class 10 U-1, i tested all of them and they give consistent 11.82 mb/s speed without any drop during the test (it should be good for bitrate up to 80mb, am i getting it right?), capacity is 32gb.

I don't know what to do, any suggestions? All microsds are brand new and it is very sad to throw another 60-80 dollars to get another 6 new ones. =(

i have the same issue, she does a file with one minute then a file with the rest of the video. i have a kingstone class 10 32gb

40-50mbps work flawlessly by anyone? or this is a hw issue and not memorycard..

2K 45 mbits working on a 20 minutes test for acfootage with 4 splitted 2gb files on my 95/90 microsd.

My English is GOOGLE automatic translation, I'm sorry!
I also encountered the same problem, after testing, the initial determination is the firmware BUG, 4 speed card can also be a successful video, 10 speed card will be the same problem, but not always have such a problem, and sometimes there will be a successful 2G file. But in the unknown conditions will be divided into MB 4X file, or MB 1XX file, not found the law.

i find out that not every 10 class micro sd card is good for hd filming, u need a card that can write big files and fast to film at 1080p 60 fps 35 mbps, some cards say that they write at 10 mbps or 12 mbps but if the file is big they go down to like 1mbps or 2 mbps is the case of the toshiba sdcard, use this list to buy a sd card http://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations then if u want to buy a card that is not in that list try to find if with big files he can write at 20 mbps.
i buyed a samsung evo 64gb and solve my problems with split videos.

1. format the card in camera before you start to record a new scene;
2. using the file split autoexec.ash to control file limit to 4GB;
3. try use lower bitrate <= 35Mbps;

I asked XiaoYi R&D today, they replied that this is a designed function for file splitting & bitrate auto-dropping down, in order to keep recording with low speed sd card.
And I also give the suggestion to them, file splitting is acceptable, but DONOT auto-adjust the bitrate.
Hope they can modify this function in the next firmware.

I think both of these won't cause recording fail. What happen to you can't record?

They drop the bitrate so that it doesn't fail, lock the bitrate and you don't have that protection

Is the market being restricted because of oligopolies ?

They try don't they.........

It has been determined that the firmware problem, repeated testing, the small ants in the shooting process will automatically become the dynamic rate, the reason may be related to the debris of the SD card, the card will be slightly better than the shooting, but not always effective

It has been determined that the firmware problem, repeated testing, the small ants in the shooting process will automatically become the dynamic rate, the reason may be related to the debris of the SD card, the card will be slightly better than the shooting, but not always effective

That debris you talk of........ Does that happen with a SSD ( solid state drive ) on computers ?

sorry,my english is google
Fragment in TF card
Has nothing to do with computer

They drop the bitrate so that it doesn't fail, lock the bitrate and you don't have that protection

hi my bitrate is set to 35 mb but it is dropping to 31 or 28 sometimes. how can i locked it to 35 mbit? can you tell me pls..

hi my bitrate is set to 35 mb but it is dropping to 31 or 28 sometimes. how can i locked it to 35 mbit? can you tell me pls..

if it's VBR that would be normal, it could be your card isn't fast enough to support higher bitrates

bitrate isn't everything either

Hello i`m using Lexar 633x UHS-I cards and the bitrate drops down and file splits.. even to lower resolution too .. ! how can i fix that?

i`m running the original firmware 1.2.13 and on 23L hardware verion.

Attachments

• xiaomi problem.jpg
    xiaomi problem.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 15
Back