filming behind windshield tint?

ronan_zj

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am wondering if Panorama S works behind windshield tint, for I have 3M 90% Crystalline front windshield tint.
I have tried "Popular" G1W-C dashcam today, and I am disappointed on the video quality behind windshield tint, all the videos are not crispy/sharp at all, I couldn't read any license plate unless we both stop at the red light. so I am wondering if Panorama S dashcam will have the same issue?

90% is very dark tint, Dont have experience with it

Pano series has high brightness by default and excellent night performance so it may work for you.

90% is colorless.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
I have recently received a g1w-c and purchased the following screen tint samples to test out (for only a dollar...)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291089941588
I am hoping one of the samples will provide adequate visibity, reduce reflection from the dashboard and make the camera a bit less visible from outside the vehicle.

The strips will be just big enough that I could cut one in half and trim it around the rain sensor behind the mirror so it sort of looks OEM in the middle of the window.

Worst comes to the worst and it doesn't work then no damage done as it's only cost me a dollar :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F II / S 15
Back