Filming Cops

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anybody know if it is legal to use your dashcam to film cops if they pull you over in America? Do you have to tell them you're videotaping and audiotaping?

you can never be too careful with local rules, and thanks to the internet we dont have to spend 2 days at the library or in line at some government branch.
But chances are they will never see your cameras, i have not yet noticed anyone spotting my cameras, and when i have pointed them out to cops pulling me over, they have been like :eek:

Here i can do anything anytime with video or audio, problem can arise if i post that footage in public, but this i care little for and post whatever i please.

Does anybody know if it is legal to use your dashcam to film cops if they pull you over in America? Do you have to tell them you're videotaping and audiotaping?
I suspect it would be situational at best. Asking a policeman to wait while you get your camera in position just might.. flavor his/her response.

Thats why i hedge my bets with a lot of cameras, the 2 guys above was fortunate to only be on two of my cameras, i could have mixed in a third camera of the cop getting in my face on the left side of the car, but i thought the one spotting my baseball bat was more funny.
Thanks to these guys i had to replace my baseball bat as that's illegal if not going to or from a game, with a pice of lumber as that's not outlawed yet.

Well truthfully my cameras are there due to the idiots on Danish streets, i have no fear of the police as i no longer call them my enemy, that level of stupidity i left behind decades ago.
But i do preserve the right to defend myself and my property in any way i find morally acceptable, but my moral are a lot rougher around the edge then the standard are here, but that's due to me actually knowing Danish society and the many parasites in it.
I will probably be the one bringing a stick or a knife to a gunfight, but so be it.

The regular stand up honest and law abiding Dane have his Phone as defense, or his F&F magnum ( Fist & Foot )
you can join a gun club and after years of membership be allowed to have your weapon ( gun or rifle ) at home, you cant carry here unless you are police or something like that and working, cops here dont even have their 9 mm at home.
But the criminals have it all, i know cuz when i was young and dumb i supplied some of it :oops:
The weapons of the criminals range from a .22 Ruger range gun to RPGs, and as the recent gang war over drugs show they use pistols / machine pistols and assault rifles almost daily since last summer and until some weeks ago where they apparently found a cease fire.
Scorpions - UZis and mac 10 you can find here, same as the MP5 the police have, actually that one you could have way before the cops got them.

I have arms too but not at home, some things was just too nice to part with back then :) but if the zombies do rise i will be good if i can get to my stuff in time.
Getting caught with a loaded weapon in public now is a immediate trip to prison for a year or two, discharging it in public even worse.

I was not allowed to serve my country back in the day, though that time for me was the mid 80ties and we did have a draft here back then, unknown if it was for me being so tall and skinny or the fact my father was a prominent member of the Danish communist party.
But i know guns fine, back then i had no problem field stripping a H&K G3 ( weapon of the Danish armed forces and civil guard back then ) blindfolded, and then put it back together.

I think in all rates we are small potatoes, after all there are just 5.5 million of us.
Normally its not so bad, just the gang war over drugs that did give almost daily shootings, but these dagos ( mostly people from the middle east 2-3 generation immigrants ) have a poor aim, though not that many innocent bystanders have been hit.
( not that the white pure bread Danish bikers have much better aim when they had the great nordic biker war in the 80 - 90ties )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Nordic_Biker_War

And like any place if you have a nice OLED TV that fell off the back of a truck you will have no problems finding a buyer for it, i have seen all manner of society classes buy stolen goods and drugs.
Off course the lower or middle classes being the most frequent.
The police just complained no one report instances of littering or pollution any more, why i have no idea there are so few cops here calling them will just filter you thru a central to determine if you actually have a need to talk to a cop, and they them self acknowledge that due to shortages of people they have to focus on more serious crimes.

When i reported a insane drive i caught on video the police did nothing before i got media ( TV ) involved, and we are talking driving where 30 seconds of it would loose the person his license.

I am well aware of the 2 amendment, harboring a Texan deep dow inside of me its one of the things i envy you guys.
I wouldn't mind open carry.
But even the little pocket knife i carry EDC will land me a fine around 200 USD, and some times i carry a massive fixed blade in a shoulder holster.
I have no problems with that since we are often out in the wild and we now again have wolves running around here in Denmark, so as i am not a defeatist i want just a fighting chance if one of them looked at me like dinner.

Wish they would make some laws to take care of the problems, higher fines or prison dont help unless they get in the one of out prisons here that actually work like a prison should.
Personally i have no problem with death penalty.

Studied hand 2 hand and knife combat as a kid for a few years, while we cooked up stuff from " the black book, improvised munitions" and made huge holes in the ground.

I was pulled over twice in the last 2 years and none of the officers cared about my silver dashcam (the left one). I think they noticed it but they just didn't care.
Full-HD-1080P-Vehicle-Car-DVR-Cam.jpg

We have human wolves (predators) looking at us for dinner. The bad guys have guns. So the good guys have more guns.

We have human wolves (predators) looking at us for dinner. The bad guys have guns. So the good guys have more guns.
And unfortunately until the Americans can change that mindset, we'll continue to see mass shootings etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mass shootings are caused by deranged individuals who shouldn't have had a gun. But they will find a way to get one anyway. They are also caused by Islamic jihadists who believe life has no worth, especially Americans, and others who believe in freedom, and are intent on conquering the world by force. The US Constitution guarantees the right to own and bare arms. Guns don't kill people. People do. So in the war against terror, crime, stupidity and ignorance, that mindset is actually a fortunate thing.

Last edited:
Probably a fools errand to respond but.. That belief.. in freedom... sure does cost you a lot of innocent life. Collateral damage in your mind no doubt but hard to square with your statement "Islamic jihadists who believe life has no worth".

And for what it is worth... That well regulated part seems to be missing in "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." And when the founders mentioned bearing arms they were talking muskets..

Your "policy" (or interpretation) of the 2nd amendment has left a lot of dead or maimed. That seems to be the collateral damage that you seem willing to accept. As to freedom.. I can go to Cuba... can you? Your freedom is nothing but propaganda.

My dad had a personal invite from Castro to go visit him, sadly it seem like my commie father was gravitating to the cold European and Asian communist regimes.
I would have loved to go to Cuba with the old man, though i am no commie, at least not since my father entered me in the commie youth branch as a kid, but that dident last long.

It is "funny" to watch 2 so different countries like USA and Canada from a neutral place over here, right beside each other and so different, you can then draw parallels and compare and so on between the 2 as you please.
I do like the crazy Americans, my kind of crazy, but they do have a lot of things i would like to hear more about and discuss with them, just seem so different from Denmark that's more like Canada.
American society do look like its driven by fear and worst case what if, and Denmark have a lot of things too that just freak out visiting Americans.

I have grown tired of Danish passive and protective society it only work on the surface, dig a little deeper and we have the same problems other societies have.
Though i am much accustomed to Danish living now after a lifetime, but i am sure i would have been able to make it in the US too had i gotten out of here long ago.
And i am sure many Americans are pretty tired of some things in their society they have been doing for decades.

I feel it is good to kick the turntable once in a while to make sure you are not stuck in the same grove, and we should be glad we are so different.

Like the Canadians too, would have no problem taking a walkabout up there for a summer.

The drug gang war that's now over cost 3 - 4 dead and 25 wounded, i still find that big as we only talk about 10 - 12 months and in a little country ( most of it in the Capitol of Copenhagen )
And that's just the times the dumbasses actually managed to hit something, and that was far from every time that happen during that little war.

And the problem are not gone, Danes love their druge legal or not and its a huge market, so the problem are still very much there.

Love coming to Singapore, first thing you see exiting the plane is " DRUGS = DEATH" and thats the only way you can solve that problem, i know its harsh but its the only working solution.

Last edited:
What pastries you guys call a Danish we call a Viennese or Viennese bread after the capitol Vienna in Austria.

How this happened was back in the old days when the king was pretty much the boss here, Danish bakers went on strike, the king dident care he just imported bakers from Austria and they had their baking traditions with them.

Here is a video with me testing head mounted camera in Downtown Aarhus the #2 largest town here, sound are of no interest ( awful ) but you might be able to spot a cute woman or two.
There is a little trivia information in there too.

The US constitution i believe also say that if government go rotten any man that can should do something about it. ( not the exact words off course though i know more of the US constitution that our own one )

I'm a firm believer in any free person having the right to keep and bear arms as long as it is done legally and without any evil intent. The Courts, however, have a somewhat different perspective on the meaning of my words and the words and intent of the 2nd Amendment :( I also feel that with there being such a high potential for harm in the misuse of firearms that such a freedom needs to be counterbalanced with extreme punishments for misuse of firearms. Unfortunately the punishments I have in mind are illegal though I think they'd be quite effective :whistle: Whether it be cars, guns, or chainsaws it is not the inanimate object which does harm but the person who is misusing it ;)
The US isn't a bunch of crazies wanting to live like outlaws in a Hollywood Western film :p We just don't want to have more restrictions on our lives than is absolutely necessary :cool: The beauty of our Constitution being the basis of our laws is that the populace can change it, whereas most other nation's basis of laws is nearly immutable by it's people and can only be changed by a select few if at all.

I truly wish the people of the US would make better use of our power to legally self-rule but we don't :cry: It is what it is.

Phil

Ralph, you are even dumber than I thought.
Great... dialog with a real red neck. I have always wanted to ask.. just what "freedom" do you think you have that say... Canadians.. British.. Australians.. Norwegians Swedes.. just to name a few don't have. And what seems to be your most sacred freedom, to carry a gun..is restricted as well.

The reason the vikings dident succeed when we discovered and tried to settle America was,,,,,, we dident have guns.
Thats actually true.

I think its a timing thing, all the people that came to the Americas to make that great nation over time dident come armed to the teeth, its just something that happened over time as the industrial revolution came and the people encountered some "problems" when they expanded out west, cuz out there was people that dident welcome them with open arms, and also a few critters more or less dangerous that needed to be wiped out.

But now that's all done and over with, so to keep selling weapons other dangerous things was invented, prime of those what your next man was able to do, cuz every good christian knows of the evil of man.
I for one feel that the human race are good at telling itself things that might not be true after all.

What pastries you guys call a Danish we call a Viennese or Viennese bread after the capitol Vienna in Austria.

How this happened was back in the old days when the king was pretty much the boss here, Danish bakers went on strike, the king dident care he just imported bakers from Austria and they had their baking traditions with them.

Here is a video with me testing head mounted camera in Downtown Aarhus the #2 largest town here, sound are of no interest ( awful ) but you might be able to spot a cute woman or two.
There is a little trivia information in there too.

The US constitution i believe also say that if government go rotten any man that can should do something about it. ( not the exact words off course though i know more of the US constitution that our own one )
Interesting place. What is that horrible sound as you're walking?

Thats the microphone, the innovv C3 used is a camera with a remote lens on a wire and the main unit with the microphone was in my jacket pocket.
maxresdefault.jpg

I just got another cop capture today, was testing a flashlight and and new firmware for the mobius 2 camera, and that attracted some cops, as if a burglar would sneak around on the local graveyard with a flashlight with a 3/4 mile range on full tilt.

As i also say in danish to the cops, if i was a burglar and used this light indoor i would risk setting fire to peoples houses :D

Back