Finally! New Dashcam Owner - Install Question

Thats a nice video Phil, and done right none the less.

I would probably just have soldered the + wire to that connector instead of getting a new one and do the crimping, maybe due to me not having a crimp tool.

You can also run the USB power to the camera backwards, in my little car there are no way in hell i would be able to get that "big" 12 -> 5 V PSU down below the dashbord, so what i do is feed a wire down and then tape the USB wire to that to fish it up, and then proceed normally up the A pillar and along the headliner.

Yep. I would have done that too, but I have the crimp tools, terminals, harness tape etc., since I build custom OEM harnesses for these trucks.

Good advice on working backwards for the cable.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Review :)

Be sure to add the EVA Foam to your mount. The glass will slowly pull the flat mount creating a tiny gap creating video/audio noise in the future. You kind of glossed over the 3M pieces in the bag, didn't see you apply one so wanted to make sure.

zOlu0Ij.png

Nice Review :)

Be sure to add the EVA Foam to your mount. The glass will slowly pull the flat mount creating a tiny gap creating video/audio noise in the future. You kind of glossed over the 3M pieces in the bag, didn't see you apply one so wanted to make sure.

zOlu0Ij.png

You're absolutely right. I did not add the foam. I've pulled the camera off today and will be working it back in over the next few days.

There is a smudge on all my sample videos and have already gotten feedback from folks asking if this was a smudge :).

Thanks!

Well just a excuse to make a follow up video.

I am planning on making a similar video for when i install the DC in my car, and i have no doubt i will forget something, and probably choke on my English a few times as it seem speaking it isent as easy as thinking in English.

I am planning on making a similar video for when i install the DC in my car, and i have no doubt i will forget something, and probably choke on my English a few times as it seem speaking it isent as easy as thinking in English.

The install should have taken me about 1hr. But with recording, retakes, right angles of shots, right footage, took me like 6 hours [emoji23]

generally better to shoot video and dub the audio later

I plan on wearing a action camera on a headband, and then just tear thru it in 1 hour as my little Jap car are pretty easy to work with and i have allready been all over it with other installs so no doubt as to what i am going to be facing.
BUT i will not be hardwiring and i have a extended power grid in my glove box, so at least until spring next year i will be testing the full kit as is, then when spring come and its bearable to work along the curb i will probably do a hardwire too.

My install video might have to be recorded at night in a parking garage, but that will be fine i have a few flashlights so no problem illuminating the car inside and out if need be.

Keep in mind that with an action cam, the movements may be too fast to follow along. I tried that once and felt nauseous watching it afterwards.

Thanks guys!

Got my replacement 3M Tape in the mail and will be reapplying today! Appreciate the fantastic support!

e64e2cc88f457a38ec4ef3d78bad74cd.heic

Back